Im back... quarters anyone?

jnb1994

Mar 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm back... quarters anyone?

So I've decided to return after a little break from coin hunting. I never really stopped but it slowed down to the point that I only went in and asked for loose coin. But receiving a large check from my school and finding a silver quarter in my drawer at work the other day got me interested again.

I was just wondering... Has anyone been hunting quarters? I remember how low people talked of them. I've never personally bought a box myself but I've certainly opened many rolls at work being a cashier at a supermarket. I don't remember the exact amount of silver quarters I've found at work but it's at least 5. I did some math and estimated that I've opened about 300 rolls of quarters at work since the time I became interested in coin hunting enough to check the rolls of quarters and dimes before I dumped them into my till. So basically that works out to about a quarter per box average. Is anyone getting those kinds of numbers?

I figure if I have the money I might as well open some quarters, you don't have to wait for them to come in and could probably get them in much greater quantity than halves. Opinions?

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Well. I got 250~ silver quarters last year. Did alright on boxes. One silver per like 3 or four boxes. But my bank ALWAYS had boxes of quarters for some reason. So I did that. :)
Wicka

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread