Putting a higher volume to the test this week.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, I went crazy ( for me anyways) and ordered 28 boxes of halves this week to search, first 8 come in tomorrow, 4 more Wed, 2 more Thursday, and 14 on Friday! If everything gets ordered and sent, this will be my biggest search ever, and most likely my last big search, this will consume a lot of time, miles and gas which I could never do everyweek. So, I will post on this thread through the week to show what I find and how many skunks I get, I'm not very optimistic about it, I think it will be more of a thread about my skunks than anything else, we'll see. If the newer people or those that think CRHing will make you rich, I will most likely show you that it won't, and that I spent more time and gas than it was worth, but this a hobby for me ( not this week, it's work) and the thrill of the hunt that keeps me going, not thinking I'm going to make money right now. I will probably not post a bunch of pics as it will be just too time consuming, but I will keep you updated with as much info as I can. Wish me luck guys! HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunter-- just wondering what part of Ohio you're from-- north or south of I-70 / east or west of I-71? I'm in Columbus (Clintonville / OSU campus area).

Go Bucks!

Im from somewhere in there:laughing7:

My 24 box week wasnt to bad, had a little rally with todays 12 boxes.
totals were (17)40% (1)90% (4) proofs (3) no fg 1982 (2) 1987. Gonna do 24 again next week.

1.jpg

2.jpg

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav - I meant the high volume week, not the the posting.

Must be a pain re-rolling all those halves - is that how you have to dump them? My volume (a few boxes a week, max) allows me to use coin counters.

If the cards fall into place again, I may try it again, all though this week ended up being 8 boxes short and now they are coming next week, so this weeks 28 boxes turned into 20 boxes and next week now is going to be 26 more boxes, so, ya, lol, I guess next week will be a big week for me too. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
And thats it folks, nothing again, wha wha whaaa.:BangHead:

Todays miles drivin were 43, which equals $11.50 in gas, I found 1 40% in my 6 boxes today.

Total miles driven this week= 310
Gas for this excursion = $82.00
Silver found ==10 40%'s and 1 90%
total boxes searched = 20 boxes.
total skunks =16 boxes
Moral to the story, NO, YOU WILL NOT GET RICH QWIK DOING THIS! Hope this experience helped out some people. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6165.JPG
    DSCN6165.JPG
    183.2 KB · Views: 104

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for sharing your week Maverick. Wish your results were better, but like you said and what a lot of people might think who are new to the hobby - it's not a get rich quick scheme.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
bblair said:
Thanks for sharing your week Maverick. Wish your results were better, but like you said and what a lot of people might think who are new to the hobby - it's not a get rich quick scheme.

Lol, I wish they were better too, but for me it's the thrill of the hunt and the one good box that will eventually show up( I should have put that at the end of my thread ) so even though I lost money this week, I will still hunt, thus is my typical week of hunting, just with about 10-12 extra boxes this week, just thought I'd show the uglier side of CRHing as it happens to me and others. Now back to posting a good find if/when it happens:). HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, all packed up and ready to dump Monday, next week is going to be more as 8 extra boxes will be coming in ( maybe more not sure) so I will have at least 26 boxes next week to search, if something good shows up I'll post it, but no play by play next week, I have to service all my accounts next so it will be very busy for me, thanks for everyone who followed my long skunk filled week. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6166.JPG
    DSCN6166.JPG
    146.8 KB · Views: 94

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mav, Seems we both did more boxes, but got less than avg... Sucks!! I had 26 ordered, but only got 16...

I have 30-32 ordered for next week... Oh boy this will be interesting if I get it all, hahah

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Mav, Seems we both did more boxes, but got less than avg... Sucks!! I had 26 ordered, but only got 16...

I have 30-32 ordered for next week... Oh boy this will be interesting if I get it all, hahah

Hopefully this was our bad week, and next week will be Awsome! Could be a dream box in the mix for next week, ya never know!

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish your results had been better, but a very informative post Mav.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would be nice :)

My best boxes so far, since starting ordering boxes in december, are from just last week... One was (3) 90% (5) 40%, and the other was (11) 40%...

Dream box is still wide open for me lol. 25+ would be a dream at this point hahaha... although I remember people saying dream boxes arent until 100+... but hey, its all relative to each person IMO :P

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish your results had been better, but a very informative post Mav.

Thanks Arkie, it was a lot of work and time, I wish it had been better too ( Believe me!) but I'm kinda glad that my results didn't get skewed with killer boxes showing up in the mix, they really are far and few between for me, I do get some good ones every now and then, but for the most part, this is my typical week here as of late, minus the extra volume. I know some appreciated the effort I put in this week to do this, and I appreciate that! I don't think that some realized the time, driving and cost that some of us incur to get to that really good box that we post up here, so thats why I did this thread, it showed the harder side of this hobby and that your not guarenteed that great box even with a higher volume, yes you may get more 1 week or have a week like this one that cost me way more than I put away. It is the true hunter that keeps going through spells like this, and I am one of those hunters. HH, Maverick.

Mtldealer

May 8, 2012
District 12, SouthWest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Arkie, it was a lot of work and time, I wish it had been better too ( Believe me!) but I'm kinda glad that my results didn't get skewed with killer boxes showing up in the mix, they really are far and few between for me, I do get some good ones every now and then, but for the most part, this is my typical week here as of late, minus the extra volume. I know some appreciated the effort I put in this week to do this, and I appreciate that! I don't think that some realized the time, driving and cost that some of us incur to get to that really good box that we post up here, so thats why I did this thread, it showed the harder side of this hobby and that your not guarenteed that great box even with a higher volume, yes you may get more 1 week or have a week like this one that cost me way more than I put away. It is the true hunter that keeps going through spells like this, and I am one of those hunters. HH, Maverick.

+1 I hope you have a better week next week.

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And my last four boxes of my high volume week - 3 skunks and 1 40% Kennedy. Add that to 5 skunks I had before and...pain. It will be good to follow up with a low volume week this week (2 boxes) until I can find another pick up bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions