Putting a higher volume to the test this week.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey everyone, well, I went crazy ( for me anyways) and ordered 28 boxes of halves this week to search, first 8 come in tomorrow, 4 more Wed, 2 more Thursday, and 14 on Friday! If everything gets ordered and sent, this will be my biggest search ever, and most likely my last big search, this will consume a lot of time, miles and gas which I could never do everyweek. So, I will post on this thread through the week to show what I find and how many skunks I get, I'm not very optimistic about it, I think it will be more of a thread about my skunks than anything else, we'll see. If the newer people or those that think CRHing will make you rich, I will most likely show you that it won't, and that I spent more time and gas than it was worth, but this a hobby for me ( not this week, it's work) and the thrill of the hunt that keeps me going, not thinking I'm going to make money right now. I will probably not post a bunch of pics as it will be just too time consuming, but I will keep you updated with as much info as I can. Wish me luck guys! HH, Maverick.

Upvote 0
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's multiple high-rollers here that do this every week that increases the risk of getting dumps, you need to order more boxes to push through there
Dumps.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
There's multiple high-rollers here that do this every week that increases the risk of getting dumps, you need to order more boxes to push through there
Dumps.

Thats double my norm allready, and I do have a life, anymore, and I wouldn't, or it would be consumed by CRHing.

As far as the dunps go, we are all searching someones dumps allready, think of everyone passing a bag around a room, now every once in a while some Silver falls out of the sky and lands in the bag, you just have to hope you are the one holding the bag at that time. HH, Maverick.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Mav!

From what I have seen on here, building a big stash requires a big volume of boxes (great CWRs are out there, but I would say they are the exception rather then the norm), so hopefully the averages will hold (or you will do above average) and make a decent addition to your stash. For me, a big volume of boxes would require a much bigger dumping strategy than I have now and would generally take the fun out of the hobby, but to each his own and more power to those who can organize this kind of volume.

OP
OP
maverick

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good luck Mav!

From what I have seen on here, building a big stash requires a big volume of boxes (great CWRs are out there, but I would say they are the exception rather then the norm), so hopefully the averages will hold (or you will do above average) and make a decent addition to your stash. For me, a big volume of boxes would require a much bigger dumping strategy than I have now and would generally take the fun out of the hobby, but to each his own and more power to those who can organize this kind of volume.

Hey CC, ya, I can only do this this one time, I will be driving all over hell and back to accomplish this this week, going to try it this once and see what happens, this is about double my normal, after this, it's back to the norm. I couldn't go through what I'm about to every week! High volume is not for me right now. HH, Maverick.

Big Fat Cheeseball

Jun 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Good Luck Mav ! You won't have any problem going through that amount. I've done as many as 30 in a week. It's not something I would want to do every week. Once in awhile is ok. You are on a hot streak so I would do the same. As far as increasing your hunt more then that...most likely the people that do will burn out or get cut off over time. The banks aren't that naive or generous. If you have a nice stack of cash sitting in your banks you may have some pull, and if that makes you a "high roller" I'm not sure why you would even want to be messing around with CRHing.
At any rate...good luck this week. Keep us updated!

HH

Big Fat

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hope it goes well. I'm taking at least a week off to regroup after doing high volume off the get-go and figuring out my new dumping situation. All I know is that I didn't get big finds until I increased my volume and pushed the clad to the other coin carrier. Haha

I hope you get some great finds Maverick!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes.

HH

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck Mav. I'm excited just thinking about searching that many boxes! I think I am hitting my record this week with eight total boxes.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Considering you have been running hot numbers recently, I am definitely interested in seeing the haul from this weeks run.. Keep us updated. Good Luck Mav..

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck to you Mav. Hope you score BIG! If you do, I hope it doesn't give false hope to the newer people, afterall, you have been on a hot streak.
Was thinking maybe all of us that post to this foram should pick a week and all post our finds (or lack there of) in one thread, a kind of "fair & balanced" account of our CRHing. A simple post from all, just how many searched/how many keepers found, kind of thing.
Any way, hope those boxes are loaded. Have fun.

Last edited:

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Like I said the other day, it's all about volume. 28 boxes should get you some decent finds, along with a lot of skunks. Hope you get more of the former.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Was thinking maybe all of us that post to this foram should pick a week and all post our finds (or lack there of) in one thread, a kind of "fair & balanced" account of our CRHing. A simple post from all, just how many searched/how many keepers found, kind of thing.

I think I might do this on my final boxes. I'm retiring, okay no just kidding, but taking a break for a week or so. So I'll do this for my last ones.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Mav, good luck! I tried upping my volume this week as well, I tried ordering from 3 new banks, got a call from all 3 today saying that they will not/can't order halves for me... it seems like they are getting harder and harder to come by, I guess I am lucky to have 2 boxes come in each week. And at that, I hope it lasts, my main order bank has 75% new staff over the past month or so, all the good tellers are gone and now a bunch of new older folks. Hopefully they will just move into my pre-existing weekly order and not say a word about it...
hh

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GOOD LUCK Mav!!! Hope its a banner find kind of week for you =)

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mav you are doing the right thing, do as much volume as you can every week. In the end the law of large numbers reigns supreme and you will find your "average per box" for "your area".

Dumps.

This just proves one thing about DACC, actually two things.

HH,
Bigheed

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey mav good luck buddy!

I too have a big week planned... last week i had 20+ lined up, but only got 10, but still pulled in the most AG so far in 3 months of ordering!!

This week im looking at 26 as of right now.. we both are pushing it haha :) GL bro

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread