my first box of pennies

noobie

Jan 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter qd2 tesoro compadre Garrett pro pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i finally got my first box of pennies being a twelve year old i usually get around 5 dollars worth but this time i tried a whole box!The finds were and they were good 25% copper 9 wheat pennies the years were 1957 5 1956 1944 1945 and my first ever wheat penny from the teens which was a 1913 which made my trip worthwhile.

Upvote 0

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
9 Wheats in a box is close to avg. For me. Nice haul. P.s. on t-net we try and use the correct term for the coin and that is "cent". Britain uses the Penney meaning one one hundredth of a pound

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty good box of pennies. That 1913 beats out my 1917. If you dont have that much money I'd save the copper until you can sell enough to make a profit on ebay. Also you might want to ask for halves so you can find some silver. Its less work and makes you more money to use.

thebubbasdad

May 27, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found an AU 1910 on the reg back when I worked food once. It was funny I was going to show a Co worker how I looked for them... Popped it open and picked up a couple then couldn't believe my eyes... Rich brown but still AU!!!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to t-net Noobie. You got some real nice coin guys in here. Good saves on the coppers and wheat :thumbsup:

OP
OP
N

noobie

Jan 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you

millerb91

Jan 20, 2013
That good my avg in pa is about 20 to 30 wheat cents.don't For get to look for errors I find a few just found a 98 wide "AM" cent just sold one on Ebay for 3$.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a penny selling for 20 dollars right now!

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Nice first box, Noobie, good job finding the 1913 and the other wheaties. Nothing like finding a coin that is a hundred years old.

I have a capped die error where Lincoln's face is barely visible which is one of the most valuable coins I have ever found CRH. I heard of prices thrown out of 65-100 and I was offered 35 from a LCS who I do a fair amount of business with when he looked at it. As far as I'm concerned, the neat and rare coins that I find are all priceless because I'm never selling any of them.

Good luck on your next box, HH.

OP
OP
N

noobie

Jan 21, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All the pennies I find I keep I even turned down a dollar for one when it was only worth 20 cents :p.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread