ran into a newbie CRHer today

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
ran into a newbie CRH'er today

got off work early, and hit a few banks in a part of town I usually don't get to. At one bank I have an account at, I held the door for a young lady carrying a Brinks halves box. There were two tellers open, so we both went up at once. To bargain for time, I asked for my balance to see what she was doing. She told the teller that she was supposed to deposit the halves (for someone else, I gathered), but didn't know how to go about it. She opens the box, and there's $500 of loose coins.

The teller withholds a smile, and tells her she needs to wrap them all. Gives her a big stack of wrappers, and out the door she goes. After getting my balance, I pick up some dimes and confirm that they don't have any (other) halves, and leave.

On the down side, looks like yet another new CRH'er in my area. On the up side, I'm guessing having to reroll 49 or 50 rolls of halves - more than likely after getting skunked - may well kill any interest in the hobby before it begins.

Either way, the competition is increasing.

Upvote 0

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always is. Went to a town and saw an old fellow buying 6 boxes of cents, one box quarters and one box of dimes, he is gettting them weekly at this branch. Luckily he didn't get halves, but that teller was pissed. Apparantly cent boxes are real heavy.

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cent boxes are much lighter than half boxes.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread