Todays haul from $100 in dimes and $20 nickels

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's a small amount. I didn't want to scare away a new bank who seemed reluctant to let go of their rolls to a non merchant. But the haul was good: 3 silver Rosie's and one war nickel.

What was really cool was that the dimes were wrapped in the clear plastic. So it was super easy to find the silver, take it out, replace it with a new dime and tape the hole.

Attachments

• image-3368292409.jpg
    image-3368292409.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 122
Upvote 0

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are only looking through the sides of those clear plastic rolls for the blatant silver ones, i'm almost positive you are missing some.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are only looking through the sides of those clear plastic rolls for the blatant silver ones, i'm almost positive you are missing some.

Do you check all the dates?

I do look at the dirty and corroded ones, but it was so much easier than re-rolling them. Also, I use a magnifying glass and a flashlight.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I check the dates if in question, tried looking at the sides of those plastic wrapped dimes before and set ones aside that looked like silver in them, never tried cutting little slits to get a dime out then putting it or another back in. Sounds tedious. But then again i don't need to reroll coins i just dump into bags and wait for them to deposit or take to a local bank that counts for me, whichever fits my mood that week.

OP
OP
Zero

Zero

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2013
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right...I don't have any banks with free counting machines. So, I have to roll everything. Can't pay the coin star fees: 8.9% ouch.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most banks give away free rollers, to a degree, or if you order some online i think they are fairly cheap for a ton of them. Learn to speed roll, will save you some time if doing it by hand.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread