Status
Not open for further replies.

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds painful to be full of asterisks, they look pokey like a throwing star. :BangHead:

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
twiasp said:
Sounds painful to be full of asterisks, they look pokey like a throwing star. :BangHead:

Didn't know how to spell **** so I just typed ****!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
IT all depends on who Coin Town, and the time of year. Some people are full of :censored: and others are not. yet, i've seen the people full of :censored: turn around, and make some pretty great posts. glad to see you posting again cointown, have'nt seen you in a while my friend.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely, but it's completely obvious who is being truthful on this forum and who is not, regardless of how much one may attempt to substantiate their false claims.. Either way, who really cares? I am on here to converse and share info with the real hunters... Let the kids try to impress all they want..

Last edited:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are 2 sides to this issue. First off, with any public internet forum, you are going to have those that "stretch the truth", flat-out lie, and make comments for the sole purpose of getting others all riled up. I don't understand the need to do this, or the lack of ability by others to just ignore obvious "trolling" posts. If you can't deal with that, then you shouldn't frequent public forums. These types of posts and posters have been around as long as there have been internet forums and will continue to be around as long as there is a medium for such. In actuality, it goes back a lot further than that. People have always stretched the truth, but with the advent of the internet, they now have the ability to "mass communicate."

With that said, unless you were there, you really don't know if a claim is truthful or not. There is absolutely no way to prove that huge posted find was legit or bogus. Words prove nothing. Pictures prove nothing. I could go raid my SDB's, stack all the silver, and fake one heck of a score...with pics! Either you believe the person or not. Its as simple as that. It shouldn't be a big deal either way. However, questioning an honest find could rub a contributing member of this forum the wrong way. Take me for example. When I began to CRH and post on this forum, for many months I posted about my many skunks and meager finds as well as shared in others' "hits and misses." Then one day I hit a really big score...and several people questioned the legitimacy of it. Some demanded pics and a few even flat-out accused me of lying. It was a bit disappointing. On principle alone, I decided not to post pics. They could either choose to believe or not to believe, which didn't matter to me in the least. With that said, I can guarantee I'll never post another big find should I ever be so lucky again to find one.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
50cent said:
IT all depends on who Coin Town, and the time of year. Some people are full of :censored: and others are not. yet, i've seen the people full of :censored: turn around, and make some pretty great posts. glad to see you posting again cointown, have'nt seen you in a while my friend.

Thanks 50! I've been here hangin around!

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
ArkieBassMan said:
There are 2 sides to this issue. First off, with any public internet forum, you are going to have those that "stretch the truth", flat-out lie, and make comments for the sole purpose of getting others all riled up. I don't understand the need to do this, or the lack of ability by others to just ignore obvious "trolling" posts. If you can't deal with that, then you shouldn't frequent public forums. These types of posts and posters have been around as long as there have been internet forums and will continue to be around as long as there is a medium for such. In actuality, it goes back a lot further than that. People have always stretched the truth, but with the advent of the internet, they now have the ability to "mass communicate."

With that said, unless you were there, you really don't know if a claim is truthful or not. There is absolutely no way to prove that huge posted find was legit or bogus. Words prove nothing. Pictures prove nothing. I could go raid my SDB's, stack all the silver, and fake one heck of a score...with pics! Either you believe the person or not. Its as simple as that. It shouldn't be a big deal either way. However, questioning an honest find could rub a contributing member of this forum the wrong way. Take me for example. When I began to CRH and post on this forum, for many months I posted about my many skunks and meager finds as well as shared in others' "hits and misses." Then one day I hit a really big score...and several people questioned the legitimacy of it. Some demanded pics and a few even flat-out accused me of lying. It was a bit disappointing. On principle alone, I decided not to post pics. They could either choose to believe or not to believe, which didn't matter to me in the least. With that said, I can guarantee I'll never post another big find should I ever be so lucky again to find one.

Well said! :-)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is known who is an honest poster on here and who may be questioned, I am honest about my finds and post plenty of problems, repacks, and skunks, I will post pics of a good find if I have one, I do this for the few people that appreciate it seeing what I find. I really don't have great finds, I have a few in the past but, I have never stretched the truth, I don't need to be accepted here to feel whole or complete, I have my wife and kids for that and my close circle of childhood friends that I have had for over 25 years now. I think most of the regular members of this forum can tell what kind of person I am and that embelishing or lying would not suit me. I do this for fun and to get to talk to people from all over the US, it is nice to be able to share something great that you found with other like minded people who can appreciate what you went through to find it. HH, Maverick.

LooseChange

Sep 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ABM, I like your post. As you know first hand, it is not always easy to just ignore the trolls. After all, the trolls were able to influence your behavior - "Some demanded pics and a few even flat-out accused me of lying...I'll never post another big find..." Those were trolls that were demanding photos.

There are a lot of ways to enhance the enjoyment of the hobby. Sharing the excitement of a great find seems like it would be one of those ways (I'll let you know if it ever happens to me). It is unfortunate that in some cases that excitement could get flattened by jealous, small-minded boobs.

Sometimes though, it is as obvious as the nose on Klinger's face when someone is just bragging about their prowess (either factual or fictional) rather than sharing experience. Best bet is though: ignore, ignore, ignore. I haven't been very good at ignore in the past, but I'm going to give it a whirl.

HH Everyone

Trollfish

Feb 4, 2013
South East Indiana
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is with sadness and pain to see my name used in such terms.??? Trolls always get a bad rap. And that ain't no bull****.:BangHead:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please Note , I am going to go through the posts on this thread, and some have been deleted. This is your one get out of Jail free Card

this thread is also going to be locked.

A also do Not want to see another Complaint Thread

41A4E7rXNbL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Read these rules, & I expect everyone to follow them,
or not be surprised when you try to log in & find out you can't
the ones in red apply to everone here.

TreasureNet - Real Or Fake?

ABOUT THE AUTHENTICITY OF FINDS POSTED AT TREASURENET

Occasionally a member may have doubts about the authenticity of an item posted by another member. Here are a few things to keep in mind:

1. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible, regardless of proof, to state or suggest in an open forum that another member's find may not be genuine— unless, of course, he has raised that possibility himself, or there is an obvious issue that cannot be disputed or ignored (for example, if the word "COPY" is clearly stamped on a coin).

2. It is NEVER appropriate or permissible to suggest that a member may not actually have found the item which he has posted as a find.

3. Members are free to express such opinions to one another in private messages, but should NOT continue to do so if those messages are unwelcome.

4. Do NOT report doubts, suspicions, possibilities, or rumors to moderators or the administrator. Any formal report or complaint should be accompanied by full and absolute proof from independent, authoritative sources that the item is not, and cannot be, genuine.

Failure to follow these guidelines may result in censure, loss of privileges &/or access to certain forums, or outright banning from TreasureNet.

All finds posted are presumed to be genuine, and those who post them are to be respected.

there are no Trolls Posting Finds here, Only jealous Trolls making Accusations

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread