RedAmos

Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eventually I plan on selling my silver bullion coins. Assuming I don't want to mess with eBay or Craigslist, what should I be trying to get out of dealers? Checked one local MN dealer and was quoted 90% of spot minus $1 per oz? That sounded pretty fair but should I be looking for better?

Thanks

Jeff

Upvote 0

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see. Spot $29.30 times 90% equals $26.37 minus $1.00 leaves you with $25.37 per ounce. I would try craigslist for spot minus $1.00. I would think you would get plenty of hits.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you kidding? I'm in Mn, wrote a good Craigslist ad offering 20x face, and every variation I get is deleted. This makes me mad...

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do all my Craigslist transactions either in a bank or in front of my local police station. Thugs don't want to meet in a police parking lot. And if the buyer does not want to meet me where I want. Its their loss.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CL is crap, the only people who keep watch are thugs/criminals. almost all the deals gone bad on craigslist, are precious metals related. dawg, there was this one guy in florida who was shot 2 times, and he even brought his kid with him.
Florida Marine Veteran Shot in Craigslist Robbery Used Fingers to Plug Bullet Wounds - Yahoo! News

$1 UNDER spot on the 'list, ain't worth it. you better get $1 over at least.

I no scare. I meet in public place have had zero problems so far.

I was offering 20x face (which is easy to calculate) when melt was 20.73x face.

Not bad deal to me. If I wanted to sell that would be good. Better than eBay.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
And why not buy a Charter Membership on TNet (monthly or yearly)? It will give you the right to sell in the classified section with no fees. I've seen plenty of times where rolls are offered and they are quickly bought up. A few PMs back and forth and it is a done deal. You get your money. The buyer gets their silver. And you help support a great site.

OP
OP
RedAmos

RedAmos

Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the advice. I haven't gathered anywhere near enough to bother selling yet and I don't want to sell at the current silver prices.

I guess I'll just have to decide how much the trouble of selling direct is worth.

Thanks

Jeff

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem selling on craigslist in fact the people I have dealt with are downright awesome and have no problem paying spot prices, I sold 150 40 percenters awhile back for $720 and had absolutely no problem. Its all about where you choose to meet and how many coins you decide to sell. Try selling a lower quantity at first to a guy say 100 coins, if you meet him and is cool and you feel comfortable, then let him know you have more for sale..instant safe return customer. It would be unwise to try and sell off large quantities without having a feel for what type of person they are. Just gotta go with your gut instinct, im sure drug dealers go by these same principles lmao..but I like craigslist because its cash money quick, no shipping, no dealing with lost packages, no paypal and their ridiculous holds on YOUR money, its the way to go but you have to be smart like always on how you execute your sale.

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is another way..... Check to see if there is a coin store in your area. Every coin store I have been in, has a bid, and or a buy now board. You could sell your items there.

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you selling dimes, quarters, etc. or generic rounds and eagles?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread