Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
So I've been pretty fortunate as of late. I went to the bank today riding 3 halves boxes in a row without a skunk. I had an appointment at 4pm which gave me about 20 minutes to tear into some rolls in the car. :laughing7: Usually I like to check every ender before I tear into my first roll, but being in the car I didn't have that luxury today. So I grab the first roll and there's a 40% ender staring me down. Awesome! I got through 17 rolls in that 20 minute time frame and had 9 40%'s, my first Franklin (1963), and another 1907 BARBER! I hated to leave this great box, but I eventually got back to it around 530pm. The other 33 rolls continued to produce from there.

pic1.jpg
Today's Results:
1 Barber (1907)
1 Franklin (1963)
19 40%'s

pic2.jpg
Today's 1907 Barber | Last Friday's 1907D Barber

pic3.jpg
Today's 1907 Barber | Last Friday's 1907D Barber

Today's Barber is a little more beat up compared to last Friday's, but I'm not complaining...I was still very excited to see it. Four boxes in a row without a skunk!

Streak Totals
Boxes: 4
Barbers: 2
Walkers: 3
Franklins: 1
90%'s: 1
40%'s: 33

Upvote 0

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, great haircut! Kerp hitting that silver vein till it's dry! Much luck 2 u!

shedseeker

Oct 28, 2012
ny
Detector(s) used
White's coinmaster GT , Garrett ace 250 , Garrett AT PRO
Garrett AT pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that AWESOME !! congrats and good luck !!

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
awesome finds man! I am looking forward to many more log entries with plenty of pictures... keep on huntin' my friend,
hh
buff

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gratz on the finds, still looking for my first walker and barber lol =P

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's incredible!!! I've searched hundreds of boxes since I started in Dec. and have yet to find a Barber. Great find!!

HH

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice! I just found my second Barber, it took over a year to find the 2 I have. You're getting spoiled on your boxes there, lol. HH, Maverick.

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Great finds. I've burned through 16+ boxes in the last few weeks and I've snagged 1 Ben, 1 walker, and 2 40%ers. Not good odds if ya ask me.

NP

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Alright guys, got my first box of halves since I started this thread. My pickup bank has been out of boxes for a while. I did find another bank in the meantime that said they would order a box for me, but I'll need to look into the requirements for opening an account there. I'll go through this box and let you know if the halves box streak lives to see five in a row or dies at four. HH Sleepy

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
This box had a very strange vibe to it. One roll was split down the side and another had that sloppy smashed end look. Many of the coins on the end were shiny and none were enders. I had a real concern that this was a skunk box until the second roll when I saw silver among the rims. :icon_thumleft: This box produced four 40%'s. Not the best yield of the streak, but it's enough to see the streak move to five in a row! To add to the strangeness of this box I found four proofs: a 1976S and three 1973S's. It's like someone decided to dump their 1973S collection. This box also came with 30 NIFC (2002-2005 D's & P's). To round out this box of oddities, I found a 1998P that could be a grease strike error...not sure though. The second '9' is just about non-existent and the 'P' is not raised. Take a look below and let me know what you think.

pic6.jpg pic7.jpg
Friday's Finds

pic2.jpg
NIFC Tower (2002-2005)

pic1.jpg pic3.jpg
pic4.jpg pic5.jpg
Grease strike error or victim of circulation?

My pick up bank said I could start picking up two boxes if I wanted instead of the one box I've been doing, so I think I will try that today. Thanks for reading. HH Sleepy!

Streak Totals
Boxes:
Franklins: 1
40%'s: 37 (UP4)

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, it took quite a bit of effort, but I came away with two boxes today. First, the nearest spot to the dump bank was two blocks away. Then I get in there with my dump ready and the coin counter is "out of order". So I went back to my car and saved the dump for monday. I went to the ATM and the max they would let me take out was $500. :eek: So I went back into the bank to withdrawal the other $500. Then I got two boxes of halves from my pickup bank. I guess I'm just out of shape because it felt like forever to carry those two boxes for two blocks.

I brought that possible error coin to a local coin dealer after that and he called it a for sure grease die error. He put it in a little coin baggie for me and told me congratulations. Seemed like a nice guy...maybe I'll buy one of his 200%+ marked up coins sometime. :laughing7:

:sleepy2: Sleepy out!

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Box 6 Results

The further I get into the streak, the more I know that skunk is coming...but it would not be this box! The fourth roll of the box produced a 1957D Franklin! I thought it was the sure sign of more to come, but that would be the only silver she would produce. I also stumbled across a very fine looking coin: a 1986S Statue of Liberty Centennial Proof Commemorative Coin. It looks to be in extremely good condition and appears to be going for around $5 on ebay. I'm also looking at keeping this 1991D, as it is the shiniest made for circulation clad I have seen so far.

pic1.jpg
Box 6 Keepers (1957D Franklin | 1986S Proof | 1991D)

pic2.jpg
Box 6 Keepers (1957D Franklin | 1986S Proof | 1991D)

pic3.jpg
1986S Reverse

pic4.jpg
1957D Franklin

The streak was definitely in jeopardy with this box, but Franklin came through big early on in the fourth roll. The streak moves to six! :headbang: Box 7 still to come today.

Streak Totals
Boxes:
Franklins: 2 (UP1)
40%'s: 37

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Box 7 Results

Pretty good box here...It produced two 40%'s in the third roll to keep the streak going. Overall, it produced five 40%'s and two 90%'s, all Kennedys. Here's some photos of the Box 7 keepers.

pic1.jpg pic2.jpg pic3.jpg
Five 40%'s and two 90%'s

The Halves Boxes without a Skunk Streak is now at seven boxes in a row! :hello2: Just gotta keep riding the wave until it dies. As always, here are the streak totals.

Streak Totals
Boxes:
Franklins: 2
90%'s:
3 (UP2)
40%'s: 42 (UP5)

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow nice runs!! Cant believe I missed this thread before...

2 barbers back to back weeks... thats amazing!!

HH!

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Wow nice runs!! Cant believe I missed this thread before...

2 barbers back to back weeks... thats amazing!!

HH!

Yeah info, I guess I'm having a pretty good amount of beginner's luck. I started CRHing on Jan 30th of this year. It's been a fun start to a new hobby.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Sleepy, very nice run of boxes! That us how it was for me when i started too, seemed like each if not every other box gave up something, then you get that skunk, it is the worst feeling. Keep the streak going, your doing great so far! HH, Maverick.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Sleepy, I started ordering boxes nov 1st of last year, I didnt get any silver until Dec 19th, 1 40%er, 23 some boxes later... haha... But now I deal with totally different banks, and atleast score something every week now

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Box 8 Results

During this streak, I seem to have come across silver in the first five rolls of each box. I was sweating this box until the 21st roll brought the first sign of silver: a 40%. This box produced Seven 40%'s today for Team Sleepy :sleepy2:. It also produced a very strange 1986D coin that looks like it has chrome on it. Has anyone heard of a coin looking all chromed out before? (Maybe Fiddy or Em has seen this :laughing7:)

pic4.jpg
Today's keepers

pic5.jpg
Box 8 Silver haul (Seven 40%'s)

pic6.jpg
1986D Chrome? (Blurry, i know, but just trying to show the chrome look)

The streak is now at 8 halves boxes in a row! I gotta admit, I was getting a little worried today, but another box down. And now...The Streak Totals:

Streak Totals
Boxes:
Franklins: 2
90%'s: 3
40%'s:
49 (UP7)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread