I have found foreign cons now from 63 countries while CRH!!

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
I have the complete list, but TN doesn't seem to want to accept the format. So I"ll put just the names here. Bear with me as you need to scroll to get to the next name (especially after Canada, to get to Cayman Islands). If someone wants to know what I have found for a specific country, ask and I'll post it. I can do small amounts of the list.

And one of my Malaysia coins is an error coin, missing the security edging. (Sorta like our Washington dollars not having the edging lettering for in God we trust) Lots of countries though. And I have found SILVER from SEVEN Countires other than America. That list is at the bottom. :-) that surprised me. Silver from seven foreign countries. That's from lots of searching, since 2007.

here are the countries.

Argentina
Aruba
Australia
Austria
Bahamas
Barbados
Belguim
Belize
Bermuda
Brasil
Canada
Cayman Islands
Chile
China
Colombia
Costa Rica
Czech republic
East Carribean States
Ecuador
El Salvador
Estonia
Euros
Fiji
Finland
France
French Polynesia (Tahiti)
Germany
Great Britian
Guatamala
Greece
Hong kong
Hungary
India
Indonesia
Ireland
Isreal
Italy
Jamaica
Jordan
malaysia
Mexico
Namibia
Netherlands
Netherland Antillies
new Zealand
Nicaragua
norway
panama
peru
Philipines
Poland
Romania
Russia
Russia - Soviet Union
Somalia
South Africa
says "1D"
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Trinidad and Tobago
Turkey
Uganda
Venezuela
Silver from the following SEVEN countries

Canada
Great Britian
Mexico
Netherlands
Panama
Sweden
Switzerland
63 countries

Upvote 0

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bucket list goal for you : visit all the countries still in existence, and spend the coinage at each one.
Actually 1 of my goal with my CRH findings is to vacation in Canada. So far after a year plus , I hv approx. $200 CAN in change. An. European trip would be preferred, but that will take a bit quite a bit longer due to my measly Euro currency findings.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey JRF, you may allready know this ( I just recently found out), but, the banks just toss the foreign coins in the trash, I started asking some of my branches about what they do with their foreigns and they said they throw it out, I asked if they would save it for me and the ones I asked said yes, and every week when I go in to dump they give me what they saved, hasn't been much yet, but every little bit counts, and is free! HH, Maverick.

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JRF, you may allready know this ( I just recently found out), but, the banks just toss the foreign coins in the trash, I started asking some of my branches about what they do with their foreigns and they said they throw it out, I asked if they would save it for me and the ones I asked said yes, and every week when I go in to dump they give me what they saved, hasn't been much yet, but every little bit counts, and is free! HH, Maverick.

thats a good idea mav, get any yet that were silver or worth anything?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
bucket list goal for you : visit all the countries still in existence, and spend the coinage at each one.

All the countries but the Netherlands Antilles still exist. However, many of the coins are probably no longer used due to inflation or simply are old.

Silver Worm

Aug 26, 2012
Columbus, Ms.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Eurotek Pro, Fisher F11, Garrett Pro Pointer. AT, Lesche digging tool. 5x8 and 8.5x11 DD coils, 4.5 Super Sniper coil.
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a pretty good haul! I seem to find either a foreign coin or token about every time I go metal detecting, but don't think I have quite the diversity you have--at least, not yet.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
That's a pretty good haul! I seem to find either a foreign coin or token about every time I go metal detecting, but don't think I have quite the diversity you have--at least, not yet.

What types in general? Canadian? Mexican?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread