1,000 Wheats - hit my goal!!!

CopperHoarder

Dec 23, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Don't use one yet.
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice :D I just hit 150 Still have $75.00 to go through + getting $100.00 Friday.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Coin Town said:
Just did another box of cents today...I was 4 shy of hitting 1,000 Wheats found in the wild. Well I finally did it today with 13 more!!! Put my grand total found in the wild at 1,009!!!

Bring on the next 1,000 Wheats!!!

HH
Coin Town

That is cool! I know that took some time and dedication to accomplish CT, Congrats! HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Any good teens?

I have found some teens for sure...I usually separate my findings by decade. Also found a 1909 VDB and a 1909 S over the years...still no S VDB though! Someday maybe!!!

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
wheat cents will only increase in value as time moves on, nice going cointown.

Thanks Half Dollar Pennies ;-). I've always loved wheaties!!! Ever since my grandfather gave me my first one many many years ago!!!

HH

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
That is cool! I know that took some time and dedication to accomplish CT, Congrats! HH, Maverick.

Slow and steady wins the race! This definitely didn't happen overnight!!!

HH

billionaire

Sep 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you hand sort all of your boxes? If i was doing your volume i would get a ryedale

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
the owners name is Andy coin town, tell him 50 cent sent you for the special blue model, if he doesnt respond he's all out. they were $319 when he had um in stock. got one of the ebay.

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you hand sort all of your boxes? If i was doing your volume i would get a ryedale

Yeah I hand sort everything, always have. Helps pass the time and quite honestly I enjoy it! It's meditative for me!

If I have a ryedale it would probably take that away from me! Sure I can up my volume big time but then it would no longer be fun for me since this is the way I have done it all along.

Unless anyone is giving away a free ryedale?!?!

HH

OP
OP
Coin Town

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
How long/many boxes did it take for you to hit 1K?

I did it in about a year BUT I did score a HUGE batch from CWR about this time last year. That yielded close to 600 wheats 20+\- were steel. It was clearly an old collection dump!

All in all I have done probably 30 or more boxes. In addition to that score. I average roughly 12-15 per box and I didn't start keeping accurate records until late last year when I created a spreadsheet. Some boxes are better and I am hoping to yield more from a new pick up bank!

I have also found the occasional spare change wheat and the wheat from the street.

I do know that I will have accurate numbers for my next 1000 but without hitting a 600 coin jackpot it will take waaaaaaaayyyy longer!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread