A Mercury Dime in the Teens and MY FIRST GOLD From CRH...

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought a bag of dimes to go through today. The manager was nice enough to pull it off of the machine early for me today before it was full ($857). In going through it I found three silver dimes. Two were Roosies (1960 + 1964), and the other was a Merc with the date so worn that it is difficult to tell the year. You can see that it is a date in the teens 191? Maybe it's a 1916 D? Who knows?

The big find though was a portion of either a gold bracelet or necklace. It is stamped "10K Italy" and weighs in at 5g. According to the calculator I checked, that puts it at a scrap value of about $85!!! Not too shabby!!!

Photos below. HH!

coin01.jpg
coin02.jpg

Upvote 0

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome but im a bit confused here,You found a gold bracelet remnant in a bag of dimes?

HH John

OP
OP
OtlFrutiger

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome but im a bit confused here,You found a gold bracelet remnant in a bag of dimes?

HH John

Yep. It was just floating around in the bag. Just lucky I guess. I found a small silver ring once in a bag from the same source, but this is much better! :-)

LuckyThirteen08

Sep 17, 2012
Grundy VA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F4, Teknetics Delta 4000,Teknetics Omega 8000,Teknetics Gamma 6000,Minelab Pro-Find 25 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep. It was just floating around in the bag. Just lucky I guess. I found a small silver ring once in a bag from the same source, but this is much better! :-)

Three silvers with gold to boot,Cant get any better than that!!!

HH John

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good find I just sold some gold 10k for $20 per penny

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Sweet gold man hang on to your gold if you don't need the money its bull run is not over its guna sky rocket again

OP
OP
OtlFrutiger

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As crazy and backward as it sounds, I usually sell my scrap gold and buy silver with it! I think I may just like silver too much!!! :-)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread