Help! Lost my dumping Bank (Wells Fargo). Ideas for Northern California?

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm really really bummed. I've been taking my dumps to a Wells Fargo branch in Coin-Lok bags, and now they refuse to accept them. New policy, they say.

I only do a few hundred a week, mostly CWRs, but it's been a while since I've taken my bags to dump. So now I have half a dozen heavy, full bags, and nowhere to take them!

I really don't want to have to try and roll these — especially the dimes. So I'm thinking maybe I need to open up a new account somewhere where they are coin-friendly.

(I think it will have to be Coin-Lok style deposits — I haven't seen a coin counter machine ANYWHERE around here.)

Any suggestions for a dump bank in Northern California? HELP!

toilet1.jpg

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try other ones some will take them don't give up.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
It would help a bunch to know what area of the US you are in. With all of the bank mergers, etc. the policies vary from region to region. HH

Cl1983

Feb 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's also a big difference in Northern California banks. Redding has more than say eureka.

OP
OP
kennedyfan

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Near San Francisco, if that helps....

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you tried another Well Fargo branch drive over to Palo Alto and try there maybe the policy is at that branch not Well Fargo statewide.

You have the account already maybe you can get ride of them this morning still

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I'm really really bummed. I've been taking my dumps to a Wells Fargo branch in Coin-Lok bags, and now they refuse to accept them. New policy, they say.

I only do a few hundred a week, mostly CWRs, but it's been a while since I've taken my bags to dump. So now I have half a dozen heavy, full bags, and nowhere to take them!

I really don't want to have to try and roll these — especially the dimes. So I'm thinking maybe I need to open up a new account somewhere where they are coin-friendly.

(I think it will have to be Coin-Lok style deposits — I haven't seen a coin counter machine ANYWHERE around here.)

Any suggestions for a dump bank in Northern California? HELP!

View attachment 754277

When you say a few hundred do you mean quantity of CWR or dollar value?

OP
OP
kennedyfan

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you say a few hundred do you mean quantity of CWR or dollar value?

A few hundred dollars face value a week, halves and dimes. The accumulation is a few thousand dollars' worth now. I could almost handle the idea of having to wrap up the halves and deposit them as rolls slowly, but the dimes … not something I want to try to roll up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread