So my bank informed me.....

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After all my boxes last week were brand new, one of the tellers asked the courier about it. Apparently the Guarda warehouse in my area is out of halves and they had to order them directly from the FED. All 6 of my boxes all new yet again. I told them to cut my boxes down to 2 a week until some coins started recirculating.

So I need to rethink my halves strategy.....

who does BOA order from?
Sovereign?

Any help would be appreciated

Upvote 0

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
they are rarely 100% the same year. When it happens, my heart sinks. in the past 3 months, I've had nearlly 100% boxes of 95,96,98,99 and 00. Also had some 60-70% 94 and 01. Skunks are a part of the game, but hunting is supposed to be 1/2 the fun. When there is no hunt, you are just moving $500 of coins from one location to another. oh well. good luck.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if you are up for it or not, but check out the going rate for a roll or unopened box on eBay. I recently sold a $25 box of unopened 2013-p cents (pennies) for $75 plus Shipping and Handling. I was upset the first time around bc I opened the box before realizing that they sell on eBay. So I have been listing a roll or two from the first opened box. Then when I went to the bank today for 4 boxes, one was uncirculated. Listed it, and it sold in less than 3 hours! Maybe I shouldn't let out ALL of my secrets, but it might help to drive down eBay price gauging.

It just goes to show you you can sell anything on ebay. Sorry to say, I would give you $25 for a box of $25 2013-p, 2012-p, etc and only with free shipping.
That is almost as good however, as the guy who sold an unopened roll of halves for 56 + shipping

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the boxes during my CRH pick up at the bank. I almost took them back inside, but I didnt want to be rude. It wasnt until I checked the goingrate on eBay that I realized the profit that could be made. I figured the profit would help me fund my new addiction if nothing else :)

jrf30

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
CO, AZ
Detector(s) used
dfx, Ryedale!
Not sure if you are up for it or not, but check out the going rate for a roll or unopened box on eBay. I recently sold a $25 box of unopened 2013-p cents (pennies) for $75 plus Shipping and Handling. I was upset the first time around bc I opened the box before realizing that they sell on eBay. So I have been listing a roll or two from the first opened box. Then when I went to the bank today for 4 boxes, one was uncirculated. Listed it, and it sold in less than 3 hours! Maybe I shouldn't let out ALL of my secrets, but it might help to drive down eBay price gauging.

That's a great price for 2013s. I sold some new cents for $40 for a box, but $75? WOW. Nice job!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread