Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
I was new to searching nickel rolls and exchanged three junk nickel rolls from my change bin.I went to the bank and got three rolls. one roll had a 1946 nickel on the end.I exchanged the junk nickels the next day for two more rolls. the first roll I opened had a 1976s proof nickel.
I could tell it was in circulation for quite a while because most of its cameo was gone.I could see the S mint mark clearly and knew it was a proof because they only made proofs that year. Here is a picture.(Make sure to check my post on the VF 1859 IH penny I found in a roll
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...n-head-penny-found-bank-roll.html#post3228184 )

IMG_20130310_142303.jpg

Have any of you ever found a proof coin in circulation if you know anyone who has or you have post it below :thumb_up:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark1982

Mar 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find. Proofs are not uncommon at all. I and most on here have found tons of them.

port ewen ace

Silver Member
Dec 16, 2012
port ewen ny
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT-PRO & Equinox800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
found a 1983s proof nick last week in a $200 coinlock bag my cu gave me.they sold me the bag from the machine,coin has no wear with mirror backgrnd and great frosting

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you look at my CRH log I have posted every proof nickel I have found this year. I'm guessing around 15 or so.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread