Sniping the sniping teller

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On one hand, I feel a little guilty for this, but on the other hand I feel justified. You be the judge.

I went into a WF that I frequent from time to time to ask for halves, and the teller I asked said quite happily that she had $5.50 worth. Here is the conversation.

Me: I will take all the you ladies have.

Her: (while holding up her coin tray) Oh, I can only sell you $5 of these. I need to save this one for someone. (pulling out an obvious silver at the bottom of the stack.)

Me: That sucks.

Her: was that the only one you wanted.

Me: no, I want them all, but it was probably the most important one that I wanted.

After she checked with the other tellers and brought over $10.50 in loose halves I asked

Me: what date is it and would yo be interested in trading silver for silver? I have 3 others in my pocket.

Her: It is a 64, but it is pretty dirty. If you have a better looking one, I might trade.

So I pull the three halves out of my pocket and put them on the counter. A 67 and two 68s.

She picks the lone shiney 67 and says that she would like that one for the dirty 64. I snatched up the 64, the 68s, and the $10.50 in loose halves, put them in my pocket and walked out with a smile.

Upvote 0

archertiger3

Feb 25, 2013
KS
Primary Interest:
Other
nice, i wouldn't feel bad, she was trying to keep it for herself! now i need to start carrying around 40% halves ;)

theekman

Jan 1, 2013
Illinois
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Other then the fact you may have taught them a 67 half is silver. Id feel fine doing that. You own fault if you dont know the difference between 90 n 40%.

I still dont understand how tellers wait till you ask for coins to realize to their dumb selves that theres a silver staring them in the face!

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Learn something new everyday, this is the reason why I joined this site!

hokielegend

Nov 8, 2012
east
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
better yet start carrying that silver rimmed clad half dollar similar to the 1 maverick found recently. Or maybe the gold plated ones...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
My vote is for justified. :) HH, Maverick.

Guns Blazing

Jan 23, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're good to go, I swear they teach WF tellers to be shady, I have had multiple issues with WF and no longer go there.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great job Wilmington. The sniping tellers are a plague on all of us. Looks like you have about 100% support amongst your peers.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread