Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shorting comes with the territory. If it's not off by much, my recommendation is accept that as your crh fee. If you're the guy with all the coins who complains about .45 cents...you can see where that goes.

I've lost several dollars over time, but it's better for me to just accept it rather than raise awareness to why i'm dumping $750 in dimes every week...

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree its just a cost of doing business. Sometimes you lose a Buck sometimes you gain a Buck. I had my machine count 100$ in nickels(I know that ininserted 99$) it also counted 4 quarters I didn't put in.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Complaining to the tellers over a 45 cent discrepancy? They are gonna LOVE you!

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok- I didn't complain- the teller asked me if the receipt looked ok- the only thing I said was I didn't put any pennies in and she said well let me go check it for you- and if I wouldn't have said anything I wouldnt have got the silver Ike- it was in a trap inside the machine- I wouldn't have said anything if she hadn't asked me-not sure why she asked me maybe they know their machine shorts and are on the look out for their cust.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair enough - one thing to consider too is people using those machines usually have no idea what the total will be. As CRH's we often know exactly how much we are putting in and that can be a tip off to tellers.

treeslayer

Apr 9, 2010
If your going to do alot of dimes , youi better get used to being shorted. you will make alot of dumps with no trouble and then bam your count is off by 3 or 4 hundred. if you do enough it will happen. I have been shorted up to $600. That was in quarters, but i got it back. I had a dime shortage for $375, that i never got back. But iam still ahead with the 42 over 41 merc I found in the reject bin. So if you are going to worry about 50 cents dumping dimes, you better stop now. but cograts on the IKE ! and HH.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I normally am reimbursed for shorts. Take receipt to teller. Point out that I was dumping dimes only. They check the cent bag for dimes. My account is credited.

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I normally am reimbursed for shorts. Take receipt to teller. Point out that I was dumping dimes only. They check the cent bag for dimes. My account is credited./QUOTE]

The problem around here is all coins go into one large bin no bags. It is a nice trade off though,only time Iv needed a teller is when the paper ran out for the machine, never any bag changes. Iv found 2 machines that are more accurate then others, and the "slow pour" tends to help with dimes being counted accurately.

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The two machines I've found only allow up to $200 a day with our charging a fee- so I'm gonna have to break up my dumps

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread