Bye Bye Regions

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
When I was first told about the new policy of charging 5 dollars per box, I assumed it was just for me because of the amount that I had been getting, 2-3 boxes a week of halves and 2 of dimes and nickels. I was just at another branch today where I had gotten a box of nickels last week and thought they might be OK but, she just told me the same thing. They are only supposed to keep enough coins for what they need and anyone wanting coins must pay a fee per box. I guess some people who can't add or spell might think this is a good thing but when you figure in the amount of skunks on top of gas and other expenses with dumping this is a hobby killer at least at Regions for me. Can't blame the banks when so many people are pushing the limits until the banks are losing money. The vault tellers were telling me they were sorry and that they would still give me CWR but that word had come down from higher up. I know there are a lot of other banks to try but I also know that Regions was a good thing for me that is gone now.

Upvote 0

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just posted about my banks wanting fees for boxes and dumps. crh is going to be for the rich soon. All others its time to find a real job. They can charge I will pay the fees. I think the boxes will be worth the money if silver stays where it is now count me in. I just found a good dump bank but I will have to open another acct.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
What area are you in? That bank has been good to me.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was a flat fee or $2 or $3 per box I'd bite. But $5 is nuts, especially on cents.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
If it was a flat fee or $2 or $3 per box I'd bite. But $5 is nuts, especially on cents.

Yeah cents don't make any sense at all, 30 dollars for a 25 dollar box. Nickels and dimes the 5 dollars just about eats up the average profits before expenses. They may be the first Bank to lay the hammer down but, I'm sure there will be others who follow.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm with you minky. I can't/won't pay fees. I love the hobby but I would rather just buy silver then GIVE my money to the greedy bank. I also won't pay other non crh bank fees. If they make a change to my account that triggers fees I first try to make changes to the account to eliminate the fees and if that doesn't work, I close the account. I can understand some people doing the math and deciding to pay, thinking they still come out ahead but for me it's just the principle of it. I tolerate no significant intrest but the fees are a deal breaker. HH

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
rather buy a few ounces a week instead of paying fees. chances are, buying will net me more silver for my money anyways.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
It varies on the situation, for me, buying halves, If I had no choice I would pay a fee, again for my situation, I would also order all my boxes at one branch and not have to drive all over hell and back picking up 4 boxes a branch and wasting all that time and gas which probably equates out to about the same fees I would be paying anyway. So I would pay $5.00 a box to just make one stop and get all my halves at one spot and then go back home, this would not work for everyone though. Sorry to hear this happened to you Minki. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I don't know Mav, it may not sound like a lot, 5 dollars, but when you start adding a 50 dollar expense for every 10 boxes up front right away you need to find at least 1 40% per box just to cover that. As it is I figure I am about trading what I spend on expenses with what the silver would cost and then making a little when I hit a good box which might be about once every month or two. Then you bump that up to 100 for every 20 boxes and a few skunk streaks would put you into the hole pretty quickly. As long as I can find a bank that has them at no cost that is where I will go, like you said if I have no choice them maybe I would pay to spin the wheel.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found just a few pieces, then stopped, It was too time consuming and the results in my case weren't worth the time invested.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like I have been saying for a long time when they start charging many crh will bale out. Some of us will pay for the boxes and find more silver!! There will be less dumps and more loaded boxes. Count me in. Am sure you will get your pennys and cents with out charges. 100 cents is a dollar. If silver gos up to $50 $60 $100 per oz then you can get back in! Time will tell...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI..... Any personal info posted about another member on our forums is a major rule violation, the guilty party can count on a LONG timeout, not talking weeks either..........With that said, a mod or admin is the only person who can tell a member to stop posting in any thread............

Last edited:

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Noo! Thats my supply bank.. Ill find out thursday if there gonna try to charge me fees too.

I hope its just a regional thing, what state are you in??

x512x

Nov 30, 2012
Like I have been saying for a long time when they start charging many crh will bale out. Some of us will pay for the boxes and find more silver!! There will be less dumps and more loaded boxes. Count me in. Am sure you will get your pennys and cents with out charges. 100 cents is a dollar. If silver gos up to $50 $60 $100 per oz then you can get back in! Time will tell...

If silver goes that high that would be amazing Tim

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
Noo! Thats my supply bank.. Ill find out thursday if there gonna try to charge me fees too.

I hope its just a regional thing, what state are you in??

Fl West Coast, The three main branches nearest me all said the same thing, that the word came in a letter from higher up. 5 dollar fee on any box ordered and they are only supposed to keep only what coins they figure they need so it sounded like some bean counter was looking to save money for the Bank. Hope for your sake that it is only a local thing where I am.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI..... Any personal info posted about another member on our forums is a major rule violation, the guilty party can count on a LONG timeout, not talking weeks either..........With that said, a mod or admin is the only person who can tell a member to stop posting in any thread............

Exactly !

you may not attack Members .
it doesn't matter if they are in Their thread or Your thread,
as long as their post is friendly & on Topic, you are expected to be ok with it,
or start your own coin roll hunting website & Ban them.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found that there is a bank in my area, it is a large bank chain, one area of banks(about 10 or so) is managed under a head manager, they put a ban on non-business customers buying coins due to CRH... But about 5 miles west, the banks are managed under a different manager and are completely fine with me purchasing coin... try some regions banks a little out of the way, you'll probrably be able to get some coins :)
Fl West Coast, The three main branches nearest me all said the same thing, that the word came in a letter from higher up. 5 dollar fee on any box ordered and they are only supposed to keep only what coins they figure they need so it sounded like some bean counter was looking to save money for the Bank. Hope for your sake that it is only a local thing where I am.

OP
OP
M

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I found that there is a bank in my area, it is a large bank chain, one area of banks(about 10 or so) is managed under a head manager, they put a ban on non-business customers buying coins due to CRH... But about 5 miles west, the banks are managed under a different manager and are completely fine with me purchasing coin... try some regions banks a little out of the way, you'll probrably be able to get some coins :)

I was told the same thing from a regions almost 20 miles from my house that I would stop at when I went there to dump at a BOA. The four closest banks to me all said the same and Fl is pretty stretched out, besides the expenses of driving to the next closest Regions is at least 45 minutes away, most the others are over an hour. I will try going to them and checking when I am in their area anyway but it is too far to drive to on a regular basis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread