50cent rolls

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is very streaky, could hit a nice group or get skunked, i think some have said their average is 1-2 per box though in the long run.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What is the percentage of silver I should expect to find in a box? I ordered my first box and it will be here on Tues. so excited!

I just got my 1st yesterday and skunk- from what everyone says its all about volume- maybe you get a good box and get some- ill cross my fingers for ya- as long as others are getting some ill keep it up as well- dont get discouraged if you get skunked but maybe you'll hit a jackpot :-)

twiasp

Dec 13, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's MXT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There has been a lot of beginners luck lately going on in the CRH forums. Here's to hoping you have a little too! :occasion14:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Expect none, hope for atleast 1!

Ya seriously, half of my boxes this week were skunks... but I still managed to average almost 3 per box after hitting a 19 silver box, without that box, I would have been less than 1 per box. Its a numbers game... the more numbers you move around, the better your luck will be

Last edited:

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is the percentage of silver I should expect to find in a box? I ordered my first box and it will be here on Tues. so excited!

Expect 0%. That's what I have come to expect. I found a source to order me halves last July, I think it was. For most of the time since then, I've gotten two boxes per week and I can't believe how much my boxes suck. If it wasn't for the big scores I read about some people getting I would just switch to 4 dime boxes. As it is, I'm thinking about switching one box of halves to quarters because I think I could hardly do worse and with quarters I'd have a shot at Canadian silver, in addition to pre 65 Washingtons. My best half box was 1 90% and 2 40%. This happened twice and I've had a few boxes with 1 40%. My take from boxes is 2 90% and 8 to 12 40%. Don't recall exactly on the 40's. I think loomis is the service my bank uses. I'm thinking about checking a few smaller banks to see if they could get halves from somewhere else. I saw the brinks truck at one of these banks. End of rant. HH

OP
OP
WilliamH

WilliamH

Dec 20, 2012
Thanks for the info everyone. I'm still hopeful. But we will see. I'll let you know how it goes on tues. thanks again. WH

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Between 0 and 100%. Most likely closer to the 0%. I think any 100% boxes were last seen around 1964/65, but nobody wanted them then.
No, but seriously, like others have said, it's about volume. Unless you are in one of those very dry areas, if you serch enough boxes you WILL find something.
Good Luck.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope I don't 0/11 but even if I do I know it gets me closer to that big 10 or more in 1 box

Nothing gets you closer. There is no magical guy who has already plucked out all the silver and decides "He has had 10 skunks, so I'll give him a big score today." You can go 0/121 and your next silver box will be 1 40%, or you can go 121/121, and your next box will have 121 silvers. It is all just luck.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd have a shot at Canadian silver, in addition to pre 65 Washingtons.

I would stay away from quarters. Search dimes. 1-2 quarters in 10 boxes would be about average, and maybe 1-2 Canadians per 10 boxes. Dimes are much better for Canadian. CWR is also an option.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I average 1 silver every 4 b oxes or so and it is uaually a 40% worth $4 in today's market.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread