Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Got $270 in halves and $40 in Ikes today from a bank. Told the bank manager that I'd be willing to take any unwanted CWR's/loose change. He was more than thrilled...He took me in the back office and took down my information and said "We were just saying this morning how we didn't know what we were going to do with all these halves and dollar coins. We'll definitely be calling you!" I was initially excited until I realized my fears that I picked up someone's dump...Everything clad. :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead: I think it may be the same person that dumped $260 in halves at this same bank on Tuesday. Am I just going to be transferring this person's dumps to my dump bank or do you think this is a good 'in' with a bank? :icon_scratch:

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well as you saw, you made them happy and if you take their unwanted halves/ big dollars that puts you in a good position to ask favors of them. Like ordering boxes and buying other customer rolls from them. Also even if someone is dumping there you could still get good rolls from other people. HH

OP
OP
Sleepy Holow

Sleepy Holow

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Expanding Operations
Detector(s) used
Never used one, but am interested
Primary Interest:
Other
Well as you saw, you made them happy and if you take their unwanted halves/ big dollars that puts you in a good position to ask favors of them. Like ordering boxes and buying other customer rolls from them. Also even if someone is dumping there you could still get good rolls from other people. HH

Nice point about the box ordering.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you buy or dump at this branch? I would also consider the fact that you will be taking care of someone elses dumps, I wouldn't want to put that extra strain on myself or my dump banks, just food for thought, if someone else dumps there regularly you might be setting your self up for extra time and work. HH, Maverick.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my banks has 2 boxes that some a hole turned in I told them just send them out to get recounted!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions