It is Official. Im now addicted

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is Official. I'm now addicted

I started CRH not too long ago by convincing a teller to sell me the bag off of the coin machine behind the counter. I proudly took home my 888 halves and promptly got skunked. I bought my first box last week and pulled 40%er so I was encouraged.

Yesterday I picked up my second box and managed a 1967, a 1997 clad Proof, a 1979 Diez Peso, and a 1944 Walker!! So, 2 silver cons really got me fired up and I'm ready for the next box. I said "yes" when I saw the rim of the Walker, but I screamed "yes" when I saw georgous Lady Liberty taking a stroll. Any ideas on value of the proof? The Pesos?

BF945054-A4CA-44FA-8FCE-26FCC3BBC712-4790-000000B2F6AB489E_zpsd2ea6fdf.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the story with the one in the top left, Is it a polished silver coin?

LOL... stick to your imaginary(digital) silver buddy

Back on topic, Nice finds! I wouldnt imagine to find that pesos coin in a half box with the edges it has... Interesting

Love those walkers!!! Been about 2 months since ive found one!

HH! I think we have a new person hooked :P

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm no numismatist, but i think they call those deep cameo's?

OP
OP
F

FAL guy

Feb 5, 2012
OKC, OK
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wouldnt imagine to find that pesos coin in a half box with the edges it has... Interesting

HH! I think we have a new person hooked :P

The ten pesos stuck out like a sore thumb while I was viewing the edges in a freshly opened roll. I thought someone had ground flats on a Kennedy until I flipped it sideways to see that it was a Mexican coin.

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's the story with the one in the top left, Is it a polished silver coin?

I'm sure it's not the first you've seen. Kind of volume you've been doing, you must have a stack all the way to the ceiling of polished silver proof coins! Wondering if you save them, though. Some folks on this site do and some don't, and everyone seems to have their own reasons. Any insights from you on this?

Bad Wolf

Dec 6, 2012
Carmel-by-the-Sea, California
Detector(s) used
Nokia Simplex+
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great job on the finds, FAL guy! Got skunked on my last 3 boxes, so I'm glad someone is spankin' the silver out there. Keep up the good work and HH :icon_thumright:

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do find it hard to believe that after you have done 150-200 half dollar boxes, you have not gotten a proof coin before... even though you edge check, I am sure you would look at an "unusually shiny" edge out of curiousity. And if you haven't, chances are you've probrably gotten a fair share of proof enders staring back at you when you open a half dollar box.
Don't take this the wrong way, but check this out: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...-beginners-guide-coin-roll-hunting-terms.html

keep your envious comments to yourself it's completely uncalled for and rude to this new fellow

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I do find it hard to believe that after you have done 150-200 half dollar boxes, you have not gotten a proof coin before... even though you edge check, I am sure you would look at an "unusually shiny" edge out of curiousity. And if you haven't, chances are you've probrably gotten a fair share of proof enders staring back at you when you open a half dollar box.
Don't take this the wrong way, but check this out: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/coin-roll-hunting/29389-beginners-guide-coin-roll-hunting-terms.html

BuffaloBoy, you know that there are people on here with multiple accounts. If I was a moderator, I would most likely be able to figure out who they are because that is my profession. It would depend on the level of logging that the website keeps. You can PM me if you are curious.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread