This weeks 50,000 in .50 cent pieces.

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen good morning, this week I did $50,000 in .50 cent pieces once again and the results were not
As good as the last round.

I found 31 1964 and before.

And 52 1965-1969.

All these pick ups were from BAC and all were in sealed boxes,
Just an off week I suppose.

I ALSO saw posts on those O'l eisenhower's people have been ordering looking for real silver dollars,so I asked at one bank if I could order $2000 she said no problem, ended up getting those gold ones parking garages like to force on you.

Upvote 0

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gentlemen good morning, this week I did $50,000 in .50 cent pieces once again and the results were not

And 52 1965-1969.

I ALSO saw posts on those O'l eisenhower's people have been ordering looking for real silver dollars,so I asked at one bank if I could order $2000 she said no problem, ended up getting those gold ones parking garages like to force on you.

:laughing7:

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the ladies on here;) I do have some question. logistically how do you do 100 boxes? I see a few others of you that do the big volume on the east coast and I would to if I lived there. But man the logistics on 5 or 10 boxes is crazy, buy multiple locations, dump multiple, time, etc. So all from one bank. Do they charge you? I am honestly surprised you can but 100 boxes from one bank. I guess if you have a commercial account at a big bank I could see it Do you have a job? How long does that take to pick up, search, and dump 100 boxes?

Thanks,

OP
OP
Digesting a common clad
Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't forget the ladies on here;) I do have some question. logistically how do you do 100 boxes? I see a few others of you that do the big volume on the east coast and I would to if I lived there. But man the logistics on 5 or 10 boxes is crazy, buy multiple locations, dump multiple, time, etc. So all from one bank. Do they charge you? I am honestly surprised you can but 100 boxes from one bank. I guess if you have a commercial account at a big bank I could see it Do you have a job? How long does that take to pick up, search, and dump 100 boxes?

Thanks,

Hi guy,I own a brokerage firm on the NYSE and have my commercial account with Bank Of America which definitely helps when it comes to getting coin, I buy and search one week and dump the next,I can't do it all in one week. I order 10 boxes from each bank they tell me when the carrier is coming that week then I just load them right into my truck.

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I thought you would load them right in your G5 and then jettison the wrappers & boxes on the poor suckers below.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
So, the question I would ask is, Is it worth it to you? Seems like a lot of work for about $500.00 in Silver, a hundred boxes is no simple task, that would swallow up much of someones life searching and rerolling( as you said you did) and dumping, and from what I gather ( supposedly ) you are well off, seems you could do better things with all that time and money then to try and score an extra $500.00, which I would suspect is pocket change to you. Maverick.

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, the question I would ask is, Is it worth it to you? Seems like a lot of work for about $500.00 in Silver, a hundred boxes is no simple task, that would swallow up much of someones life searching and rerolling( as you said you did) and dumping, and from what I gather ( supposedly ) you are well off, seems you could do better things with all that time and money then to try and score an extra $500.00, which I would suspect is pocket change to you. Maverick.

Ya I'm with Maverick on that one. I would think you could make more money with your time and just stack. I hope u own a butt load of bullion:laughing7:

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of us are doing this for the money? Any one of us would likely make more at our day jobs, if you consider all time involved, gas $, & wear & tear on our vehicles - even if you work at McDs. It's a hobby to me & all about the thrill of the hunt. I'd do 100 boxes at a time if I could, but I would like to see a better average - I pulled 2/box least year.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many of us are doing this for the money? Any one of us would likely make more at our day jobs, if you consider all time involved, gas $, & wear & tear on our vehicles - even if you work at McDs. It's a hobby to me & all about the thrill of the hunt. I'd do 100 boxes at a time if I could, but I would like to see a better average - I pulled 2/box least year.

100 boxes in a week sounds more like a job than a hobby.....

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in it for the stack, plain and simple...so yes it is about the money. I mean the thrill of the hunt is fun, but when u stop finding and it's just skunks, not so fun. I personally just buy instead of wasting that time and money on now what is amounting to playing the lotto. But my hats off to all you CRHer's out there that stay faithful throughout your dry spells:thumbsup:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I started this as a hobby, then it slowly turned into an obsession, then into a job.... now I am trying to back it back down to just a hobby, the problem is it's like a drug, it is hard to back down from ( I know some if not all know this feeling), I am in it for the stacking, I appreciate the rare find don't get me wrong, and I don't sell anything I have collected. I don't like how much time this hobby takes up in my life personally, I have a wife and 2 kids, some one who is single or has no kids it would be different for I suppose, but for me, I let it get the best of me and turned it into a job here lately. I can't imagine anyone doing a 100 boxes a week and calling it a hobby, I did 26 boxes one week and it was a lot of work driving, dumping and picking up, way beyond a hobby to me at this point let alone trying a 100 boxes, that would be a full time job for me even with out the family. HH, Maverick.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

And 52 1965-1969.

It's pretty common to ask for large dollar coins or Ike's, and they hold up a small dollar coin. Not surprised that's what they got for you. Did you try again to order Ike's?

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started this as a hobby, then it slowly turned into an obsession, then into a job.... now I am trying to back it back down to just a hobby, the problem is it's like a drug, it is hard to back down from ( I know some if not all know this feeling), I am in it for the stacking, I appreciate the rare find don't get me wrong, and I don't sell anything I have collected. I don't like how much time this hobby takes up in my life personally, I have a wife and 2 kids, some one who is single or has no kids it would be different for I suppose, but for me, I let it get the best of me and turned it into a job here lately. I can't imagine anyone doing a 100 boxes a week and calling it a hobby, I did 26 boxes one week and it was a lot of work driving, dumping and picking up, way beyond a hobby to me at this point let alone trying a 100 boxes, that would be a full time job for me even with out the family. HH, Maverick.

But when everything is imaginary, you can cull all the silver you want! like me, I'm into 123 boxes a day. I get 112-90 and 1111-40s.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But when everything is imaginary, you can cull all the silver you want! like me, I'm into 123 boxes a day. I get 112-90 and 1111-40s.

You must have a large sized brokerage firm.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread