Penny Playground

Crbattery

Feb 15, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
Other
This is a little something I've been working on this past week. My coworkers have nicknamed it the penny playground:)
The first pic is the cad drawing i made up and the rest of the pics are progress so far.

Coins will go straight from the roll to the top ryedale hopper. I will do a zinc accept with sensitivity set fairly high. I have 30 old coins that normally would end up in the dumps with sensitivity down low. Turn it up till those coins are rejected on the zinc sort. That does cause a good number of zincs to be rejected as well but I think maybe 1/6 of all zincs end up rejected and going to second sort.

The rejects from zinc sort go right into the second ryedale hopper for a copper accept sort. Sensitivity turned low. Now i only have to look through one gallon of dump coins to find the old/ cool/ foriegn etc. I know some folks dont like running coins through twice but for me and my schedule its what makes sense. Kick most of the zincs into the blue pail right away and those do not need to be looked through again.

The purple pail is the copper keepers i can look through when time permits and the green pail is where the good stuff is.

Maybe this will help return our talk to the hunt. I will post more pictures as progress is made. Right now I have to get back to fabricating on the Penny Playground.

Have a good day everybody!!

CR WP_000296.jpg WP_000297.jpg WP_000299.jpg WP_000298.jpg

Upvote 0

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
This looks quite effective. I would feel much more comfortable sorting cents by machine with something like this, opposed to just copper zincs. Very cool, but still the only thing you can't do is search for errors really! That's the only thing holding me back from buying a Ryedale, and the fact it costs like $350.

OP
OP
C

Crbattery

Feb 15, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
Other
I turn up the sensitivity on the all black ryedale until all 4 of my Indians come out the reject side. On the second sort they come out the reject side again into the zinc pail I search for odd coins. I do not search for any errors. Takes way to much time. I am a copper hoarder:)

Thanks for the compliments. I have worked at a local fan shop for 11 years. Been building steel things since i was 14. 31 now.

HH everyone!!

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
I am a copper seller, but only because I already search the cents by hand, so why not sell the copper ones? I wouldn't do this for strictly copper hoarding and selling. It would take out all the fun I would think! But whatever floats your boat! Thanks again for making the great video! Seems to be working great!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread