box of dimes

cooper36

Nov 30, 2011
east coast
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday went to a bank I dont go to much and I asked for halfs. He said just gave away the ones we had yesterday.I asked for a box of dimes he says sure and brings a box out that has been opened then re taped and has 2 signatures on it.I am thinking ok he checked the box because It was a brinks they might be short.He then says good luck with it.Opened it in the car and it is full of CWR 250.00 worth. I am thinking great someones dumps but alot i mean alot of the rolls were the older green kind.Gave up a 1948 rossie in on of the green rolls.
Has anyone ever encountered boxes like this??They were done by the bank with 2 signatures on the box?? I think they do it to discourage coin roll hunters but jokes on him it gave up silver..... might go back next week just to get him mad tell him it was full of silver.

cooper

Upvote 0

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess, and thats all that it is, is that since the box obviously wasn't a new box direct from the courier, the signatures were just verifying that it was a full box. That way, at the end of the day when counting time comes, they do not have to take the time to open the box and count the rolls.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions