OP
OP
drcaulfield

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
I also have my wife and kids do the dumping during the day. One teller told her she was one of those "coiners". Ha ha

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
PNCs in my area have coincounters, but they dont take halves. Havent tried dumping dimes in them yet, so cant say if they are quick, I assume they are.

giniro

Jan 14, 2013
Columbus, OH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The PNC website has a branch locator function that allows you to narrow your search to locations with coin counters. I just did a search with it for branches with coin counters near detroit and it looks like you are out of luck, closest one according to this is in Napoleon Ohio.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pnc has the best coin counters but there hard to find

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think someone else posted recently that PNC cut them off from boxes of halves since PNC is getting too many halves dumped on them. I guess PNC is assuming that their boxed coins are coming back to them rather than just getting dumps that were bought from another bank. Even so, the reasoning doesn't matter. The point is that PNC seems to be tightening up against CRHing, at least for halves (if the recent poster was right). Unloading dumped coins on them will only make it worse. In my area a number of the PNC coin counters, when they have them, are either calibrated to not take halves or are permanently out of order. I know of only one or two PNC counters that take halves near me. I try to spread my dumps around, even if it means dealing with TD machines that only take $100 before a bag change. While I use PNC to dump, I don't abuse them, for fear of losing a dump bank.

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I have a couple of PNC pick-up banks that have been real good to me. None of the banks, including PNC, have any coin counters anywheres around me. Maybe they are trying to give the old people down here something to do, exercising their hands and fingers by rolling coins.

mishra142

Oct 4, 2011
I recently got cut off from dumping at pnc. Banks I dealt with accepted rolled coin only. I was dumping 2 boxes per week. They closed my account.

jd750707

Mar 4, 2013
SW Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
My Downtown branch has yielded about 8 silver halfs in CWR but now all they have is Machine wrapped

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pnc has the best coin counters, none around me have them though... pnc is a pain in the rear, they never want to order me boxes or sell me rolls.

OP
OP
drcaulfield

drcaulfield

Feb 22, 2013
your reject tray
Primary Interest:
Other
I have found a few banks that ask me if I have a business account then tell me they only order enough coins for the business accounts

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
pnc has the best coin counters, none around me have them though... pnc is a pain in the rear, they never want to order me boxes or sell me rolls.

Maybe you are just not being sweet enough, there BB. Try bringing them in some Valentine's Day cards even though it is not Valentine's Day. How often do you work on your smile in the mirror? JK with ya.
Today I just picked up a box of halves and dimes at PNC and when the dimes were all new, Kelli replaced half of the box with what old ones she did have. There's different people at every branch you just need to find the right ones and then start off on the right foot.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pnc is my best bank for pick up. And I use a coin counter at one branch.It so fast it has a hopper in side no bags.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread