1/4/07 road trip silver everywhere :)

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
The wife and I went on a short road trip to the inner city and did very well today. We recovered 49 pieces of silver from circulation and 2 proofs.
Here's what we found
33 1964 kennedies
1962d ben franklin
3 1965 kens
3 1966 kens
4 1967 kens
2 1968 kens
3 1969 kens
Proofs
1993 and 1996
My wife and I love to do small road trips as it gives us time to talk and she gets to see me act like a kid when we hit silver like we did today. One roll we bought was a complete roll of 1964's,I was floored when I opened that roll for sure.
Told my wife I set a personnel goal of 100 silvers per month and 1200 for the year, so far so good.
Hope everyone else has good luck hunting also.
Best Regards, Ray

Attachments

• HPIM1035_edited.jpg
    HPIM1035_edited.jpg
    7.2 KB · Views: 267
Upvote 0

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sure am glad you found that roll of 64's instead of me!!!!!!!

Otherwise, my heart would've stopped and my wife would have all my silver halves!

Congratulations! Great finds!

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds. Wish I could get a roll like that.

Just curious, were the 1993 and 1996 proofs silver proofs or just clad proofs?

DandyDon

Sep 22, 2005
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi Silverfinder,

What is the parameters that determine if a coin is a proof or not. I was under the impression that a proof was a coin that was not in circulation. Please explain -

Many thanks,

DD

OP
OP
silverfinder37

silverfinder37

Mar 24, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
looking for an Explorer
killerwine said:
Nice finds...and very lofty goals! ;D Hope you make it... I don't tell my wife much about the finds... ;)
this is based on several factors, one watching people post here and their averages and my monthly intake of silver since I started. So I have high hopes :)
drink-7-up said:
nice to see your wife joins in the fun too
LOL I think she just goes for the show of my acting like a kid in a candy store :) No we really don't get much time togather due to me working swing shifts at a steel mill so we try and do things togather when we can.
GMan00001 said:
Nice finds. Wish I could get a roll like that.

Just curious, were the 1993 and 1996 proofs silver proofs or just clad proofs?
They where both clad proofs, sure wish otherwise :)

DandyDon said:
Hi Silverfinder,

What is the parameters that determine if a coin is a proof or not. I was under the impression that a proof was a coin that was not in circulation. Please explain -

Many thanks,

DD
Thanks everyone, to my understanding Proofs are produced strickly for proof sets and not general circulation. some how people release them into circulation. Hope that helps.

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On proofs showing up in circulation - proofs are minted and put into proof sets with a penny, nickle, dime quarter and half. Apparently some people get hard up for money, or the sets are stolen, and the hard plastic holder is broken apart and the coins extracted. These extracted coins are then spent as anything else is. Just because the coin is found in circulation does not mean they are not a proof anymore. Proof means the method of minting. A proof coin found in circulation is commonly referred to as an impaired proof.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread