Proposal to all T-net members & the site for a better, user-friendly C/R/Hn forum!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Proposal to all T-net members & the site for a better, user-friendly C/R/H'n forum!

There is something wrong with this forum, it has become disorganized. I used to read every single post on this site, but now, there are dozens of threads about quarters, halves dimes, user logs, so many things I cant read them all, whatever else not. My proposition to T-net, is simple: SUBFORUMS It is maddening to browse through pages and not even be able to read threads you've posted in because there are just too many things and not enough order. If you support this, I'd appreciate a like of this post, and site owners, all the other sections are organized, I don't see why the C-R-Hing section can't be.

My suggestion:

Subsection: Half dollar hunting
Subsection: Quarter & Dime hunting
Subsection: Nickel and Cent hunting
Subsection: Dollar Coin and forgien hunting
Subsection: Coin Roll Hunting Logs (member entries)
Subsection: Ordering, Dumping and Bank Discussion
Subsection: Other CRH'ing issues, matters and questions

Upvote 0

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with 50cent 100%. Sub categories would be nice to see here and make the forum more user friendly and easier to navigate.... Just like the Native Artifact forum used to be like.... Most people on here don't really give 2 poops about Canadian CRH where as I do. Look at all the stuff I have to sift through just to find posts about Canadian coins on a international forum that is dominated by posts about US coins.

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Many people on here search different Denominations of coins, I think it would be a pain for someone who searches Dimes Nicks and Halves to have to post on 3 different posts in different areas of this forum, for this reason I don't think it would be better. HH, Maverick.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilmingtonsilver said:
How about new members have to post 10 times in other threads before they are aloud to start their own asinine "What is this worth?" thread?

You did not just post this did you, surely you left out some words or mistyped it as you just insulted every new member here and you know how some mods hate that.....

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
@mav every new system as to be beta tested. You makes valid point how does one go about posting in multiple sections? Maybe a box to check from where it will be posted.

Owassokie

Jun 28, 2012
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You shouldn't insult new members. There's a reason its not aloud. :laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
bump.

At the very least I think there is a consensus around this coin-rolling community, that at the very least, people would like to see a seperate section created for user logs. They update frequently and truth be told, they would be easier to follow if they got their own sections. who else here agrees?

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
Yes I agree 50cent. I will go back to using my log I have because I know I've been posting a lot of threads. I think having subforums for logs, and each denomination is a great idea. Interesting big scores can be posted in the subforums, "cents", "nickels", "dimes", "quarters", "halves", and "misc" threads. Personally I really like reading about cent finds and not too much about halves and others and vice versa for silver searchers. Some of them may get annoyed seeing cent and nickel posts. The subforums would definitely help organize things. I would love it if I could just go to "cents" subforum and have everyone's cent finds right there! Same thing with people who do other denominations!

Crbattery

Feb 15, 2013
Minnesota
Primary Interest:
Other
I am a member of another forum where it is separated by the type of metal is being hunted. That seems to work fairly well. There are tracking threads for different types of coin as well. I do agree, I am more of a Cu hunter than anything and somesoke threads get buried pretty quick.

HH
CR

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maverick said:
Many people on here search different Denominations of coins, I think it would be a pain for someone who searches Dimes Nicks and Halves to have to post on 3 different posts in different areas of this forum, for this reason I don't think it would be better. HH, Maverick.

I agree with Mav. I like to hear about all different types of finds. That's why each thread has a TITLE - so you know the gist of it without having to read the whole thing. If you aren't hooked by the title, scroll to the next one. How hard is that? Do we need a sub forum for everything? This site has more than enough sub forums already.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its good the way it is. I don't want to go to other sights to look at the other coins. Its good now all together.

RocknRoll

Apr 3, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Coin Talk and Coin Community have pretty good forums. They have categories with cents, nickels, dimes, quarters, halves...etc. some with like 900+ pages of replies. I like to check these sites on occasion but I did not join them.

I found Treasurenet's forum more informative and entertaining.

Just my "new" cents. Maybe there could be some more "pinnned" or "sticky" threads here but overall I enjoy this site.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
bump.

At the very least I think there is a consensus around this coin-rolling community, that at the very least, people would like to see a seperate section created for user logs. They update frequently and truth be told, they would be easier to follow if they got their own sections. who else here agrees?

I agree, i like coin specific threads along with the others. LP:skullflag:

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Metal detecting has some sub categories list at the top the. Below that is a list of all posts. Seems simple enough. Put your post in the proper sub category. And if you want to view all posts simply scroll down. Or click said sub category and Viola.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHY for the love of God is this in the CRH forum still and not removed???????????????????

It has absolutely nothing to do with CRH it is telling TNET how to run the site. Belongs in the "General" forum.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Metal detecting has some sub categories list at the top the. Below that is a list of all posts. Seems simple enough. Put your post in the proper sub category. And if you want to view all posts simply scroll down. Or click said sub category and Viola.

No, the posts below are the ones not in any subforum.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread