Proposal to all T-net members & the site for a better, user-friendly C/R/Hn forum!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Proposal to all T-net members & the site for a better, user-friendly C/R/H'n forum!

There is something wrong with this forum, it has become disorganized. I used to read every single post on this site, but now, there are dozens of threads about quarters, halves dimes, user logs, so many things I cant read them all, whatever else not. My proposition to T-net, is simple: SUBFORUMS It is maddening to browse through pages and not even be able to read threads you've posted in because there are just too many things and not enough order. If you support this, I'd appreciate a like of this post, and site owners, all the other sections are organized, I don't see why the C-R-Hing section can't be.

My suggestion:

Subsection: Half dollar hunting
Subsection: Quarter & Dime hunting
Subsection: Nickel and Cent hunting
Subsection: Dollar Coin and forgien hunting
Subsection: Coin Roll Hunting Logs (member entries)
Subsection: Ordering, Dumping and Bank Discussion
Subsection: Other CRH'ing issues, matters and questions

Upvote 0

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agreed but still would like the option to view all like it is now. I sometimes am not looking for certain things just catching up with old friends.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this will never work, and this is a private site that is not governed by us.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I appreciate the ideas about better organizing this part of the website, but in my case I wouldnt care for having to look through all those sub-sections as most of them are of interest to me. I search everything.

Last edited:
OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other

Of course its a private site: I'm offering this as a Suggestion---------One that the mods would likely have little to no problem with BECAUSE, if you ever looked at some of the OTHER sections here on T-net.......THEY ARE ALREADY DIVIDED INTO SUBSECTIONS.

@ Joe, I look through everything to, and most of them are of interest to me; HOWEVER, it will be easier to keep track of what is where, and what is being discussed, especially at the rate posts are churned out now-a-days.

Last edited:

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree keeping up with each post is confusing, but it is manageable. The color of the folder tells you if you read it or not.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
one thing I would like to see is a notification or some type of indication if one of my posts is replied to

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
using bolded letters and capital letters is surely a violation of the rules, buddy.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't "SHOUT" in large type. Use bold, red, or other special type only when necessary. (Exception: birthday greetings, special congratulations, etc.)

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...idelines-treasurenet-read-before-posting.html

OF COURSE ITS A PRIVATE SITE. I'm offering this as a Suggestion---------One that the mods would likely have little to no problem with BECAUSE, if you ever looked at some of the OTHER sections here on T-net.......THEY ARE ALREADY DIVIDED INTO SUBSECTIONS

@ Joe, I look through everything to, and most of them are of interest to me; HOWEVER, it will be easier to keep track of what is where, and what is being discussed, especially at the rate posts are churned out now-a-days.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen this done on other forums. Not so much sub-catagories, but entire never-ending threads dedicated to "halves searching", "dimes searching", "Lincoln cent searching", etc.
It does seem a bit cluttered here, but I believe we lost many members with the last big Tnet format change. Change didn't bother me much at all.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I believe there are already too many sub forums. We definitely don't need any more. Fitty needs to take a chill pill and relax.

OP
OP
50cent

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
using bolded letters and capital letters is surely a violation of the rules, buddy.

If you disagree with another member's post, make your comments in a polite and respectful manner.

Don't "SHOUT" in large type. Use bold, red, or other special type only when necessary. (Exception: birthday greetings, special congratulations, etc.)

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/c...idelines-treasurenet-read-before-posting.html

I was not trying to be rude, I was trying to explain myself better. Saying this will never work and this is a private site, were irrelevant, because a; it already is working in the other sections and b; this being a private site was well known, and usually sites appreciate feedback/input from users (to an extent). I admit, I was not happy when I saw your post because it was dogmatic to take such a stance without explaining yourself and using dead end conclusions like "never". My apologies, I'll edit the bold out.

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about new members have to post 10 times in other threads before they are aloud to start their own "What is this worth?" thread?

Last edited:

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dawg, Youse can't be telling da Man how to run his biz. Homies always stick like glue.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I support a subsection for user hunting logs. Other than that, I don't see a need to divide it up more than that.

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I for know that if I haves question most likely it has been answered in a post somewhere. And making it so I can look in a subsection for quarters will make finding it easier.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why is it when someone has an idea in this section people start getting so protective, its just a suggestion folks no reason to go crazy and start fights on here. Ideas make things better, whether they are good or bad or whatever, we should still consider and or respect the person sharing. No reason to water down the topic at hand and start fighting over capital letter rules..wow..Thanks fifty!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread