How long before it contaminates CRH?

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure some of you are in CRH due to 90% considered "safer" not counterfeit. Especially with high dollar coin knockoffs out there.

NOTE: Reposted from another forum for educational purposes only.

Here is some fake 90%. All are non-magnetic. Diameters are accurate, thicknesses are a little heavy. Weights are a little off (either way) but there is already a lot of variance in 90% depending on the wear. This kind of stuff could easily slide through in bags or rolls. Junk silver is not immune from Chinese counterfeiting by any stretch if the imagination.

fake_90percent.jpg

Upvote 0

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
I found a fake silver quarter once. A 1943 I think? Maybe.
It looked real, just a little.. "oddly shiny" and sounded different.
Wicka

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would buy them as long as they are toted as replicas or copies. when I told my dad about counterfeit chinese coins ohhhh did that get his danderuff up. So he didn't buy anything chinese made, except for chinese food (LOL!). Now I am wondering if I should check my silver buillion. I got it in the 80's when I was a kid. Some of them have tarnished, some haven't and those untarnished ones have made me nervous. Now I just need to find a large enough magnet. Wish me luck!!

Sincerely, Garoulady

Good luck to you Garoulady

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Every coin in this pic I'll buy at current spot. That's how sure I am that these coins are real and certianly not chinese fakes.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Provident Metals hasn't sent any of mine back yet so they must all be real!

I've gotten fakes before, usually in teller trays. Anyone with an eye for silver can pick them apart, unless they're made of silver of course. and in that case it don't matter to me!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread