How long before it contaminates CRH?

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure some of you are in CRH due to 90% considered "safer" not counterfeit. Especially with high dollar coin knockoffs out there.

NOTE: Reposted from another forum for educational purposes only.

Here is some fake 90%. All are non-magnetic. Diameters are accurate, thicknesses are a little heavy. Weights are a little off (either way) but there is already a lot of variance in 90% depending on the wear. This kind of stuff could easily slide through in bags or rolls. Junk silver is not immune from Chinese counterfeiting by any stretch if the imagination.

fake_90percent.jpg

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
China= biggest organized crime ring in the world.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
Dawg is it marked 'cc'? If not then it most likely ain't gona be a Chinese counterfeit

OP
OP
rckymtn

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dawg is it marked 'cc'? If not then it most likely ain't gona be a Chinese counterfeit

By the time see whether it has a cc or not, you'll already be out the money. Say you bought a junk silver roll of Walkers or Quarters and they all came fake.. That's money gone.

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody know how the fakes sound? Seems like that plinky tone would be pretty hard to fake.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I would buy them as long as they are toted as replicas or copies. when I told my dad about counterfeit chinese coins ohhhh did that get his danderuff up. So he didn't buy anything chinese made, except for chinese food (LOL!). Now I am wondering if I should check my silver buillion. I got it in the 80's when I was a kid. Some of them have tarnished, some haven't and those untarnished ones have made me nervous. Now I just need to find a large enough magnet. Wish me luck!!

Sincerely, Garoulady

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
fiddy's guide to Chinese counterfeits:

1. it says COPY on it
2. its stamped CHINA
3. CC mark
4. Its magnetic

if its a counta-fit it'll match one or more of the #s, this is one way you find out so you wont througha fit.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
fiddy's guide to Chinese counterfeits:

1. it says COPY on it
2. its stamped CHINA
3. CC mark
4. Its magnetic

if its a counta-fit it'll match one or more of the #s, this is one way you find out so you wont througha fit.

Most comprehenced guide on da net

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like a magnet won't do any good. The poster already mentioned the coins were almost identical to the real thing, including being non-magnetic. Cut and paste:

2. DO NOT RELY ON A MAGNET TO DETECT A FAKE. All metals used in these fakes are non-ferrous and are all non-magnetic. Of course any silver coin that sticks to a magnet is an obvious fake. White copper is 75% copper, the remainder being nickel and zinc. Other Chinese fakes are copper and brass plated with silver.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Hmm. Those coins look good to me. How much do you want for them? I call BS. Nobody is making fake 1964 quarters.

You CHR guys are a riot.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Does anybody know how the fakes sound? Seems like that plinky tone would be pretty hard to fake.

Was wondering the same thing too. HH, Maverick.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure some of you are in CRH due to 90% considered "safer" not counterfeit. Especially with high dollar coin knockoffs out there.

NOTE: Reposted from another forum for educational purposes only.

Here is some fake 90%. All are non-magnetic. Diameters are accurate, thicknesses are a little heavy. Weights are a little off (either way) but there is already a lot of variance in 90% depending on the wear. This kind of stuff could easily slide through in bags or rolls. Junk silver is not immune from Chinese counterfeiting by any stretch if the imagination.

View attachment 762784

Is it just the picture but those coins honestly look like pewter.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took a class on detecting counterfeits, they are hard to tell, but many have obvious signs of being counterfeit if you know what you're looking for.

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Honestly I don't think we'll see many Chinese fakes of junk silver any time soon, let alone in circulation.

Just because it is -possible- doesn't mean its likely. It is very hard to accurately counterfeit silver with not-silver and then for that to really fool someone who has handled a lot of silver.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
hard to believe the Chinese used to be #1 in silver production i says it once and I says'n it again, in the 1700s the chinese used to have such high quality Ag, they once denied a whole british ship full of silver because it was of inferior quality. how the tides have changed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread