Hardcore CRHers: It is okay to take long breaks from CRHing every now and then...

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_salut: I just took about a week off from the game, and sure, I love to hunt as much as the next guy on here, but I have to say, now and then, the time you spend doing other things in life can be just as or more valuable than time coin roll hunting. Don't be afraid to take a nice long break every now and then, and stop thinking about if you are missing out on your best find if you skip days, weeks, months, and start thinking about enjoying other parts of your life. The silver will still be there when you get back.

Go out, have a :3some: or meet up with friends and :occasion14:
:headbang::headbang::headbang: at a concert...

or just get out and :walk:

So now I am back in action, and onto see what this weekend's banks will have for me. Good luck to you all, and happy hunting (or not hunting).

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes it is a good thing to give your pickup and dump banks a break too, so it can be very beneficial to take a week or two off now and then.

Mr. Silver Stash

Mar 3, 2012
The Constitution State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Bounty Hunter Fast Tracker
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry, bro. While you were away, we cleaned out all your banks. We did leave some nice dumps behind you can take off your old pick up banks hands.

rpg25

Dec 9, 2012
Earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weasel, I couldn't agree more. Haven't done my "normal" CRH routine in a couple of weeks now and I haven't search a roll in a week or so. I recently picked up a metal detector so I am going to concentrate on that for a little in the coming months. I'll still be asking for halves when I am at my normal bank but no more running around from place to place for a month or so.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm right at a month off now from my weekly orders of 24 boxes. Still done a bit of CWR and a box of dimes. Work and family got in the way, and my whole dump bank situation. I have gotten a lot done in the house since then. Haha

Thinking of doing an order today though. HH

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I took two separate month-long hiatuses last year, one was because I blew my bankroll on a family vacation to Maine. They were pretty good in that I was able to catch up on a lot of things that I pushed to the wayside for the sake of the hunt.

But they were mostly bad because I would dream about hunting coin, and everyday I came on here and got super jealous of people's finds. It was like going through withdrawal.

It got to a point that I had to feed my addiction somehow, so I'd grab a handful of change just to throw into a machine to see if I got any overages, reject tray finds, or teller tray finds. More often than not I did, and it satiated my hunger.

But the hunger never ceases, it only quiets down.

And then I found myself doing that everyday.

And the hunger grew the more I fed it.

And then I was back to ordering boxes.

Haha.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its all about a healthy balance.....with that being said, im still trying to find mine lol.

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the words of Jack Black, "You're not hard core, 'till you live hardcore."

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this thread is propaganda to reduce Weaselbrott's competition. :)

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I definitely went overboard the last couple years and cut WAY back. It got the point where it was seriously interfering with my family life. Balance is definitely key. I'm spending more time with my family now and while I suffer from withdrawals now and again (really), I know I need to keep my priorities straight. Keep it real guys!

jd750707

Mar 4, 2013
SW Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm taking your advice too, the last 10 banks I hit either have someones marked dumps, "a guy just came in and bought some" or sorry we dont have anything... I took about 7 months off and just restartd up a month or so and got another roll of 40% and a few 90's in all my hunting...

So breaks are good...It gives the young kids, old people and drug users to drop off there silver anyway...

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am taking a break from the middle of may until the end of august and moving to the beach.. I will probably still look for CWRs and do a few dime boxes, but nothing much..

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this thread is propaganda to reduce Weaselbrott's competition. :)

This post is just me sharing a lesson learned with others that may benefit from it, that is all.

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right it would be nice to get your extra boxes that you don't pick up. I will rest when I die. I way of taking a rest is not ordering more boxes. Or just staying around 45 to 55 boxes. It would be to hard to tell all the banks to stop for a week or two. Plus its not work for me its fun.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
2 boxes a week for me is all the time I have to look at and all I need to find a score! It's all luck. 2 or 20 SKUNKS smell the same

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your right it would be nice to get your extra boxes that you don't pick up. I will rest when I die. I way of taking a rest is not ordering more boxes. Or just staying around 45 to 55 boxes. It would be to hard to tell all the banks to stop for a week or two. Plus its not work for me its fun.

It is work for me, and it is fun (although with my new dump routine, it is much less work). There is no way for CRH to not consume a lot of time, I definitely agree that CRH time is quality time, but there are a lot of other things that I enjoy that I would consider quality time that are just as beneficial as adding to my stack. I can't do those other things without slowing down my CRH. It is very fulfilling to stack, but it is also fulfilling to check out and indulge in the finer things in life from time to time.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread