Teller snipped the rolls right in front of me!

haysoosduce

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2009
Little Rock, AR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a long time reader first time poster. I got a tip today from my regular teller that a branch in town had 10 rolls of customer wrapped halves. Long story short, I roll in at lunch and ask for some halves! The one teller says "yeah we have some let me ask So&So to get them out of her drawer." So&So comes out of her office and says they aren't for sale and that she hasn't had time to go through them to look for silver. I asked her if this was a new bank policy to not fulfill my request of currency that I knew they had on hand. She says that she was sick for two weeks and had not had time to go through them to look for silver! I told her she had better start looking, because I am not leaving until she goes though all of them! Sure enough, she looked through all of them and got skunked! So, should I A. Get $1,000 in halves to deposit and use a silver paint pen to color in the sides, to make it look like silver? B. call customer service and report her? Or C. Let it slide and go on about my business? I will talley the votes next Friday!!!

Thank you for your time!

Soos.

Upvote 0

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He is trying to suggest labeling the sides of some rolls in dates and things related to silver, and seal them up with strong tape to make them hard to open.

But what is the 20%, 30% part about. Didn't make any sense.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Give me a bit. My wife was a teller (not a sniping one) so she knows everything that they hate for customers to do. Ill compile a list and you can one every time you go in :)

I'm looking forward to this.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haysoosduce, there isn't really much you can do except give her some dumps to search. This has happened to me and its super annoying but tellers can get away with it. Going to management usually won't help because banks aren't in business to accommodate crh. Now if she was rude or you had substandard customer service, then by all means bring that to their attention.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see what the big deal is, it's not like there was any silver in there. I know it sucks, but if you were a teller wouldn't you search all the halves rolls that came in for silver? If you start making enemies in the banking business you will find yourself having less and less resources available to you, so you'll be the one hurting in the end

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No... no silver paint just dump on her

OP
OP
haysoosduce

haysoosduce

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2009
Little Rock, AR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No... no silver paint just dump on her

I am going to go by the local coin shop and get some old used half dollar wrappers to use when I start dumping on her next week! No paint, No complaints!!!!

cazisme

Aug 6, 2012
Motherload
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i would paint the edges of 2 rolls and distribute them in the rest of the rolls she will have to buy all the rolls to search or get caught by boss eventually. Or you could save up all the crap other than coins you found in your rolls and put those in between the painted coins she will be short and get in trouble.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread