Teller snipped the rolls right in front of me!

haysoosduce

Tenderfoot
Aug 26, 2009
Little Rock, AR
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a long time reader first time poster. I got a tip today from my regular teller that a branch in town had 10 rolls of customer wrapped halves. Long story short, I roll in at lunch and ask for some halves! The one teller says "yeah we have some let me ask So&So to get them out of her drawer." So&So comes out of her office and says they aren't for sale and that she hasn't had time to go through them to look for silver. I asked her if this was a new bank policy to not fulfill my request of currency that I knew they had on hand. She says that she was sick for two weeks and had not had time to go through them to look for silver! I told her she had better start looking, because I am not leaving until she goes though all of them! Sure enough, she looked through all of them and got skunked! So, should I A. Get $1,000 in halves to deposit and use a silver paint pen to color in the sides, to make it look like silver? B. call customer service and report her? Or C. Let it slide and go on about my business? I will talley the votes next Friday!!!

Thank you for your time!

Soos.

Upvote 0

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
make it your new dump bank and write "1964 kennedy halves" on the side of every roll.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd talk to the manager or report her cause as far as I'm concerned tellers aren't allowed to look while on the clock, especially in front of a customer- then dump there

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats a tough one, atleast you have something over her head while you dump there

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely A and B... (except on B - talk to the Branch Manager for some instant results)

nube250

Aug 5, 2011
IL
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
At least she got skunked, I believe in Karma..

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Give me a bit. My wife was a teller (not a sniping one) so she knows everything that they hate for customers to do. Ill compile a list and you can one every time you go in :)

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
C. HH, Maverick

StevoCBR

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
a piece, fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say C, A and B will do no good and just piss off a potential bank in your CRHing quest that you may need. Today's business environment companies just don't seem to care, and I think personally it will do nothing but harm.

NYScrap

Feb 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I say C. Get over it... an eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind.... or so the saying goes. Just dump there and call it good.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roll up halves on 20% to 30% put 64s if you put in on everyone she will figure it out she is going to go through them all anyways let her get her hopes up every couple of rolls. Throw in a roll of "Silver" Quarter just for good measure.

I would also put clear packaging tape around 60% of the roll so they will not open very easily.

Of course all the 64, 65, 66 etc. roll you have to tape up.

Last edited:

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roll up halves on 20% to 30% put 64s if you put in on everyone she will figure it out she is going to go through them all anyways let her get her hopes up every couple of rolls. Throw in a roll of "Silver" Quarter just for good measure.

I would also put clear packaging tape around 60% of the roll so they will not open very easily.

Of course all the 64, 65, 66 etc. roll you have to tape up.

Maybe its a bit early today, but I have no clue what you are trying to say. lol

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some tellers have huge balls..I say if you haven't searched it yet, too late, pass it on to the customers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread