Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
The official sprayin' movement

Waz up boyz I think we should all invest in a can a spray paint in the color of your choosing. Then use the paint to color a minimum of one box of halves a week and return them. In order to do this with out being cut off mix the colored ones with the uncolored ones. You're free to spray eny clad you want. Who else thinks this is a good idea??

Upvote 0

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
and I should add you get what you pay for, don't buy this crap. Krylon 1404 Metallic Spray Paint, Chrome Aluminum - Amazon.com

Beware... The paint is not close to chrome and worse, it will smear after drying.
I tried using a couple of different company's Chrome paints... Closest any of them got was a dull silver.. The worst thing is that by lightly rubbing your finger on the paint (and this is days after it has dried) the paint will smear to a grey and leave paint on your finger (or what ever else it smeared on)...

rckymtn

Jan 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To what end?? Is this like those postcard chain mails.. or to discourage teller sniping attacks?

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not silver that's a bad idea very bad I like the colors of the rain bow. I have sprayed about 5 tons worth NEVER SIVER theres some ballbag doing it in my area

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Not silver that's a bad idea very bad I like the colors of the rain bow. I have sprayed about 5 tons worth NEVER SIVER theres some ballbag doing it in my area

+ 1, NO Silver. HH, Maverick.

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
or invest in those little round stickers print them up with "sorry no silver here" :evil4:

SlowSilver

Aug 2, 2011
Los Angeles
I think this is the kind of behavior that is going to ruin this hobby for everyone. I have already been told by more than one teller that the sorting facility has had problems with their machines because some idiots have been cashing in half dollars covered in paint that flakes up and jams up the machines. Not to mention that fact that you are defacing American Coins. I think this is childish, selfish and short sighted while serving no constructive purpose. I know this is a hot button issue but no one can deny that those who do this are only thinking of themselves. I would hope that people in this hobby would be a little more mature and not a have the graffiti mentality of street hooligans. Yet I see grown men talking about how they sprayed over five tons of Halves? Are you serious? And forget about the excuse of tracking your coins. Because that only works if you are the only person doing this. Because as soon as someone else gets a box with your marked coins in it, they can go dump them anywhere and your tracking just went out the window. When the sorting facilities start charging extra for boxes of halves because of this, we will know who to blame.

jamesg13

Jan 7, 2013
The Outskirts
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, when I first joined this site,not long ago, there was such a cool vibe here, people helping eachother, joking, laughing, being friendly. now, more often then not, people are snapping at eachother, getting butthurt for nothing, rediculing others, post after post there is more of it, I hope the moderaters will step in and make sure this doesnt turn into facebook-geez!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya know, when I first joined this site,not long ago, there was such a cool vibe here, people helping eachother, joking, laughing, being friendly. now, more often then not, people are snapping at eachother, getting butthurt for nothing, rediculing others, post after post there is more of it, I hope the moderaters will step in and make sure this doesnt turn into facebook-geez!

It gets better, than worse. You joined at a good time, now it is worse. It seems to correspond with silver (less skunks=happier people).

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Not to mention that fact that you are defacing American Coins. I would hope that people in this hobby would be a little more mature and not a have the graffiti mentality of street hooligans.

There is no law against defacing US currency, unless it is meant to defraud. Also, I would expect a graffiti mentality from rappers like Eminem and 50 Cent.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is the kind of behavior that is going to ruin this hobby for everyone. I have already been told by more than one teller that the sorting facility has had problems with their machines because some idiots have been cashing in half dollars covered in paint that flakes up and jams up the machines. Not to mention that fact that you are defacing American Coins. I think this is childish, selfish and short sighted while serving no constructive purpose. I know this is a hot button issue but no one can deny that those who do this are only thinking of themselves. I would hope that people in this hobby would be a little more mature and not a have the graffiti mentality of street hooligans. Yet I see grown men talking about how they sprayed over five tons of Halves? Are you serious? And forget about the excuse of tracking your coins. Because that only works if you are the only person doing this. Because as soon as someone else gets a box with your marked coins in it, they can go dump them anywhere and your tracking just went out the window. When the sorting facilities start charging extra for boxes of halves because of this, we will know who to blame.

Don't get your blood pressure up, it is not worth it. You are dealing with a new breed of CRH now, it is the me me me generation who have no respect for customs or tradition.
I completely agree but used up all of my energy arguing until I was blue in the face.

As a side note, spray painting coins is not against the law unless you mean to defraud somebody. Now a case might be made if you spray them all silver!!!!!!!!!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will not be spray painting coins, and would appreciate if others didn't as well. Thank you very much for your time.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I've been seeing a lot of silver spray-painted coins as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread