1/4 Box....First of 07...not bad...

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Yesterday I went to my bank for my weekly box. Last week, one of the branch managers came up to me and showed me a 1947 Walker and asked me how much it was worth. I told him right now about 4 bucks minimum, but he wanted to keep it. So this week I was talking to him, and he said he had some loose rolls from the same guy who brought in the Walker. Apparently there were 5 Walkers to begin with (he did not say what happened to the other 4, but he does not collect coins and he has only a passing interest in what I am doing). So I told him I would buy the loose rolls he had gotten from the man. He sold me 6. I found 3 40%'ers in those 6 rolls.

So then I got the box home, and I found 2 more 40% halves, plus a 1994-S Proof!
I will post a pic over the weekend.

Some is better than none I always say.....
;D

Upvote 0

RaptorSE

Sep 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE SunRay X-1
Better than skunk !

Man, I hate hearing when tellers or bank employees rummage through our treasures !! >:(

If I worked at a bank, Id have to build on an addition to my home, to store all the goodies I
plucked ! I can only imagine :)

Like you said, at least you scored a few keepers anyway. Good luck and Happy Searchin'

B

baseballbandits

A teller at one of the banks I visited in the past said she collected coins. She implied she comes across more stuff than she knows what to do with. Also said she had a bunch of coins she had collected over the years stolen from her house. :-\

goldinmypan

Apr 18, 2006
Ventura, CA
Detector(s) used
LST
I doubt thats possible, but if you could they would probably send you a box of all the same year (2000 or 2001). If you could order form the armored car co :Dmpanies and had enough pull to get them to send you a box from the bottom of the pile, then you might have something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread