Half Dollar makes an appereance on TV, on a piece of toliet paper!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Just saw a commercial for Charmin Ultrasoft, and I was not even paying attention, and then I noticed a half dollar being used to test the strength of each paper. I could only focus on the half dollar; I make two things of this: 1. Someone who works at Charmin's advertising department is a roller, and had this idea occur to them through rolling. So, who on this site works there? 2. (much less likely) The half dollar is taking off as a widely used coin.

Anyone else see the commercial? If'n I find in on youtube, I be editing this post & posting the commercial for analysis of what year the coin was.

Charmin.png

Upvote 0

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Maybe somebody did a web search and found put that we've been "dumping" halves all around town. Wait, did that come out right?

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so charmin are clad lovas now..remind me to get my two ply from another company!

Critical Recovery

Oct 31, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro, MXT and DFX, Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am still at a loss as to whether your posts are serious or not.

CW3(ret) US Army

Jun 30, 2011
Downstate New York
Detector(s) used
White Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw a commercial for Charmin Ultrasoft, and I was not even paying attention, and then I noticed a half dollar being used to test the strength of each paper. I could only focus on the half dollar; I make two things of this: 1. Someone who works at Charmin's advertising department is a roller, and had this idea occur to them through rolling. So, who on this site works there? 2. (much less likely) The half dollar is taking off as a widely used coin.

Anyone else see the commercial? If'n I find in on youtube, I be editing this post & posting the commercial for analysis of what year the coin was.

Charmin.png

:laughing7:That commercial has been showing in the NYC area for a couple of weeks. The ad agency got really creative to come up with that one. It is a interesting use of a half dollar for sure. So glad they used a clad one instead of a silver one for the commercial.

HH
Gary

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread