Lots of Firsts Today

kaniele

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2013
Orlando, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is my first post and first I would like to thank everyone on this forum. I am new to CRH (only been doing it for about a month), and this forum has been a great source for info.

So while coming back from dumping my first order of halves (2 boxes, both "skunks"), I decided to stop by another bank to grab a couple of rolls of dimes, nickels, etc. I also asked if they had halves as well, they said they had 5 rolls.

While walking back to my car checked for enders, and what I could see was 3 - 40%ers, this is when I started getting excited, My 1st enders and my 1st half dollar finds. On the drive home I unfolded the rest of the rolls to check for more enders, and found two more firsts; my 1st Walking Liberty and my 1st Franklin half as well both in the same roll, the next roll was the same a Franklin and a Walking Liberty on each end.

I started to think that it might be possible that I got 5 full rolls of silver.

Once I got home and opened all the rolls, yes in deed 5 full rolls of silver, 3 rolls of 40% Kennedys (67s and 68s), and 2 roll of half Walking Liberty and half Franklins. Only down site is the taped roll was 3 short of a full roll, but I'm not complaining

In total:
5 rolls
57 40% Kennedys
20 Franklins
20 Walking Liberties

image.jpeg

image-1.jpeg

image-2.jpeg

For only being my second silver find I think I got pretty lucky.

1st half dollar find
1st Ender
1st Double Ender
1st 40%er
1st Franklin
1st Walking Liberty
1st full roll of silver

Upvote 0

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Holy smoly- great finds. Go back in a couple days maybe the person who dropped those off will drop off more

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
go buy all the customer rolled coins that bank has - period

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What dates are the Bens and Walkers? Look out for 1938 D for Walkers and 1955 for Bens, they are rare.

OP
OP
K

kaniele

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2013
Orlando, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll go by first thing monday and see what I can get.

Got 4 rolls of dimes, nickels, and cents today (bank rolled)
found 1 buffalo nickel (no date), and 2 wheats

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kaniele

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2013
Orlando, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What dates are the Bens and Walkers? Look out for 1938 D for Walkers and 1955 for Bens, they are rare.

Thanks for the heads up..... going back to check now

Ok just checked no 1938 D Walking Liberties or 1955 Franklins.

Walking Liberties are mostly 1944 and 1945
Bens are mostly 1952 and 1958

Last edited:

Thorne

Dec 5, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soak the dateless buffalo in vinegar for a few days. Date should become somewhat visible.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like Cooper said when you go back check and see if the person who dropped off those rolls dropped off any other rolls of dimes, quarters, nickels and pennies or even large dollars.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Ask the tellers if they filched any silver coin and make an offer. I scored great that way, including a '38 D Walker for $5.

Ooops, don't use the term "filched", just ask if they have any silver they'd like to sell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kaniele

Tenderfoot
Mar 23, 2013
Orlando, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More firsts today too....

Went back to the bank I got the 5 rolls from earlier, but they didn't have anything. Was coming back from my dump bank today and decided to stop again... once again nothing.... but I stopped at a new/different bank a half mile away. I asked one teller and she said she didn't have anything (neither did the teller running the drive thru)... but on my way out I noticed that another teller that had just walked in from lunch had a few in there tray. Asked if I could have them ($7.50 total) and she put them in an envelop, told me she hated having halves cause they take up to much room. Got to the car and opened the envelop and found 1 - 40%er, 2 - 90% kennedys, 5 - Franklins, and 2 - Walking Liberties. (no key dates)

Before driving off I remembered the recommendations of this forum (thanks again for helping a newbie out), I go back in to the same teller and ask if they have any customer wrapped rolls. Yes, She comes back with 2 rolls of halves, 2 rolls of quarters, 2 rolls of dimes, 2 rolls of nickels, and 2 rolls of cents. Found my first Merc dimes.

Hoping luck was still on my side I stopped at every bank on my way home.

Ended up finding '64 Roosevelt, and another 40%er in loose halves from another teller tray, along with 4 wheat cents, and roll of cents labelled '70s D (which they were)

get-attachment.aspx.jpeg

1st Teller Tray Find
1st 90% Kennedy
1st Mercury Dime

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread