Who needs rolls when you have crows?

halfnhalf

Feb 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a local car wash in my town that was loosing a bunch of money out of their quarter machine and the owner could never catch any of the emploees stealing so he put up a camera and noticed a bird that was going into his machine fairly often..Long story short he found his stash of quarters on top of the car wash thanks to this busy bird!!cant remember what bird it was but not a crow,much smaller. true story

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Crows are nasty. Baby birds and bunnies are their favorite foods, crows go tree to tree plucking baby birds from their nests. Crows are very intelligent and wary, and have become over-populated where I live.

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
I wish there were some crows where I live. I would make one if these in a heartbeat. I don't think it would work out as well with the quails in my yard.

ICON

Dec 22, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man if i had a trained CROW that would find an bring coins to me ! that would really be something to CROW about ! Im 60 but i still dig it !

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Somebody should train a crow to fly and grab silver out of teller trays before the tellers can snipe it, then whenever you go to a banking establishment you can carry it on your shoulder and if it sees silver it will snipe it.

MT_Joe

Feb 22, 2013
Ferndale, Montana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad who is 70 had a pet crow as a kid. Said it could talk too!

Crows and owls are mortal enemies. One time I caught a huge barn owl in my chicken coop. He was tangled in some netting. I got him loose and threw him up in the air. He flew to the top of a nearby tree. A crow flew by and started squawking and circling this owl. Within minutes there were hundreds of crows attacking this owl. Wish I had a video camera handy! The owl finally flew away with a huge cloud of crows screaming behind him.

fixxxer9

Jan 8, 2013
SLC, UT
Primary Interest:
Other
I haven't been able to stop thinking about this story since I read it. I want to do it so bad!

Jan 16, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I honestly think it would work, people seem to be curious when it comes to animals one crow on your shoulder in the bank probably wouldn't bat an eye. If your crow sees silver it will fly off and grab it and return to your shoulder, you could then apologize and offer a piece of clad in its place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread