40% halfs

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not dumb question at. Some buyers say they don't like them or are not interested in them, but I have had no trouble selling them to local buyers around melt. I have a better chance selling them as part of a lot that also includes 90% silver coins, but people will by the 40% coins, in my experience.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2 weeks ago at my LCS with spot around 28.8$$$, he was buying 40% for 4.10$$ and selling for 4.80$$$

I love this shop! He also buys my ikes for 1.05$ per

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A question for those who have traded up: what's a good ratio?

I have 40-45 40% kens that I'd like to trade up for 90% or ASEs.

I was thinking a ratio of 3:1 would be good? I'd basically be giving away an ounce but having a much easier to manage collection.

What's a good trade?

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
2 weeks ago at my LCS with spot around 28.8$$$, he was buying 40% for 4.10$$ and selling for 4.80$$$

I would live to have a LCS buy at those prices. I need to check more out. Thanks for letting me know there are decent places out there, I assumed all were buying lower than that.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree.. I would love an LCS that will price like that for me.. I am waiting until spot rises a little and then gonna unload ten rolls of 40%s so I can buy 4 rolls of silver quarters..

fish on!

May 4, 2012
In the bank
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi,
I don't want to be out of line with this request, but would you mind pm'ing me the name of the shop?

Thanks

minkybodl

Aug 19, 2011
I have one LCS that likes to sell but doesn't want to buy at any good prices compared to what I can get by driving 45 minutes. He is the only coin shop in our small town. The pawn shops and gold buying places are terrible, they were offering 3.50 for a 40% even when spot was 32-34. One day I did an internet search and found a small dealer on main street who has been great. He is 78 years old and works alone with one girl, maybe his daughter, by appointment only so he has no real overhead. He paid me 4.50 for 40%'s and then 4.25 another time when spot had gone lower. It is better to have some 90% stuff with you instead of just trying to unload only 40%'s. I think he paid me 22.5 times face at the time when spot was near 30. I was real happy to find him and have been thinking about buying some from him, I gave him my card and told him to hold any pandas that might come in. So yes you can get a good price for your silver it just takes some work to find the right place or person. Try doing a search on the internet for places that buy nearby and then check them out when you are in their area and also keep an eye out on ebay and craigslist.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Mine sat on craigslist for weeks at my asking price of 75% spot. I had one bite and sold them for less.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
My LCS offered me only 2 bucks for each 40%. I almost laughed in his face. I only have 4 of those but I have freinds who will sell them on craigslist for me. At worst, I can find a pawn shop maybe willing to trade them for an 90%.

Sincerely, Garoulady

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree.. I would love an LCS that will price like that for me.. I am waiting until spot rises a little and then gonna unload ten rolls of 40%s so I can buy 4 rolls of silver quarters..

Im confused....wont 10 rolls of 40% always (approx) equal 4 rolls of quarters no matter what the spot price is?

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im confused....wont 10 rolls of 40% always (approx) equal 4 rolls of quarters no matter what the spot price is?

Sell High... Buy Low.. When spot rises a little bit more I will sell off some 40%s.. WHen it then drops a little, I will purchase some quarters..

bigmike0377

Feb 8, 2013
I have never sold any but my coin shop where I buy gold and silver bullion said he would give me $4.25 a piece for them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions