Someones in trouble

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all my normal pick up banks where very low on dimes so went to a bank that has the clear plastic rolls and even they didn't have any- so I pressed a couple boxes from them and then the teller says I have almost $250 in my tray so I say ok ill take em- then I look and its all CRW- I think oh this is someone's dump- oh well I took them thinking nothing would come of it- so I get home and start unwrapping and 2-3 rolls in I find one with more than 10 pennies/cents in it then another with 5 and other with 5 more, by this time I'm kinda pissed but the next roll I find a very dirty '57 Rosie so I continue on- about half way through the $250 as I'm dumping the roll onto my palm I see a real shiny '64 drop, then another silver and another and another and it just keeps going- 17 in all, all in a row- some kid I'm sure picked his parents/grandparents dimes to finish a roll- wow
I'm going back to that bank and seeing if they have any CRW nickels and qrtrs- already asked about halves- maybe the kid nabbed the whole silver stash we will see-

Attachments

• image-3747294301.jpg
    image-3747294301.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 255
Upvote 0

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL glad you got your money's worth from the cheaters in the roll.

Some people I bet would go back and complain :icon_scratch:

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, just looking around- great find. I do think you got someones drop, because wouldn't thier coin machine have sorted out the cent's? Pretty silver. yelnif...

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So went back and no luck on any other CRW but they did have some loose halves and in them a 2008 s proof- also a 1972 s which I'm not familiar is it also a proof?

Attachments

• image-1731278815.jpg
    image-1731278815.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 184
  • image-3806526936.jpg
    image-3806526936.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 177

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
So went back and no luck on any other CRW but they did have some loose halves and in them a 2008 s proof- also a 1972 s which I'm not familiar is it also a proof?

The 1972-S is a proof that has lost some luster. Looks to be quite circulated.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, whoa now! I thought we were past this! I never actually put a cent in a dime roll!

It is kinda like the clowns at the circus. You laugh at them and their antics while you are there. Once you leave the circus, they are always in that part of your
brain that stores long term memory. That long term memory just happens to flash back at the most appropriate time.
Funny how the mind works.....

Coppercrazy

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2012
Ohio
It is kinda like the clowns at the circus. You laugh at them and their antics while you are there. Once you leave the circus, they are always in that part of your
brain that stores long term memory. That long term memory just happens to flash back at the most appropriate time.
Funny how the mind works.....

Oh, ok then! I just thought you still didn't
like me, or still held it against me what I did. You still may not like me now, but I just wanted to make sure we were "cool" now about the whole issue. It's in the past now, you know?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread