OP
OP
Joshr29

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finished that box and got skunked. Happy with the other score though. Also got 1 box of dimes and hit 1 Rosie. HH everyone.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score. Very good pic detailing just how different the rims of 40% can look.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds on the halves!! Have the dimes been consistent for you? HH

OP
OP
Joshr29

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten all of my dimes through a very small hometown bank and so far I have hit one for every box I got. 2/3 being MW and the other CW. I'm still very new at this so is that an ok average? The good thing is my area is pretty much clear of all the Canadian coins that everyone gripes about. Thanks for the replies and HH.

OP
OP
Joshr29

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I wanted to ask the pros a question. I found a bank that deals in halves and they keep so many on hand that I will never have to order them. I was wondering if that is a very rare bank? Thanks guys!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have gotten all of my dimes through a very small hometown bank and so far I have hit one for every box I got. 2/3 being MW and the other CW. I'm still very new at this so is that an ok average? The good thing is my area is pretty much clear of all the Canadian coins that everyone gripes about. Thanks for the replies and HH.

1-2 a box avg is fairly consistent I think

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also, I wanted to ask the pros a question. I found a bank that deals in halves and they keep so many on hand that I will never have to order them. I was wondering if that is a very rare bank? Thanks guys!

I'm no pro but there are no banks anywhere near me that have halves in stock- gotta order em here- I would def say that's rare

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its rare or they may have lots of dumpers!?

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

That is rare to find a bank that keeps halves on-hand. Most larger populated areas have always told me that I would have to order a whole box minimum. But I found one smaller town here in FL that said they ordered a box to have rolls of MWR halves on-hand "so that one older gentleman could buy a certain number of rolls each week". Some smaller towns have bank personnel that are nicer than most.

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's one branch in particular near my office that always keeps some MWRs on hand. At one point I think they said they had someone who liked to get them, now I think they keep them on hand for me. That's nice of them, but these rolls have never produced. I've been through a total of about $700 worth, starting last fall. All are yellow and white String rolls from Dunbar. I was kind of surprised to be skunked after buying the rolls over so long a period.

A few other branches seems to get MWRs in from time to time, but I would agree that most branches do not keep halves stocked. Another bank near me said they had a box that a customer ordered but never picked up. Good thing he/she didn't bother - all the rolls were skunks. They tell me they have another box in the vault and I can get some or all of the rolls in it anytime I want.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread