These are string and son? No one knows this DaVinci Code

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I believe that it might be the number of the packing facility. In my area I get some boxes with 5XXX, and other boxes with no stamp. Any one that is stamped has one of two 5000 series numbers. I live in the vicinity of two major metro areas. Just a theory. HH

CC-Hunter

Bronze Member
Sep 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been keeping track of the codes for a while now, but I have yet to see any connection between the code and the number of keepers in the box. Even if I did, I doubt my banks would let me specify a code.

When I had my best box ever I immediately ordered another box from the same branch (thinking I was in a good place on the pallet or something). By the time the process of ordering and delivering ran its course, the next box had a different code I've never seen before and the box was awful. That doesn't prove anything, but I would have loved to get another box with the same code as the "good" box and see if there was anything to my "pallet theory."

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have found silver dumps by code. I buy a box, find a great amount, go back and get more from that same bank, keep finding more silvers. Order from all surrounding banks to see if I get lucky, and get the same number, and don't find anything extraordinary. I don't know if that's pallet, or by location, but it can be very minute and have a great impact.

OP
OP
tlowery04

tlowery04

Apr 29, 2011
Cashion Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White Eagle II, Minelab ETrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
this last two boxes skewed it. my odd box was the performer, and my 5757 was a skunk. so much for trying to track which boxes have more, I'll keep tallying by box number, maybe I can get some correlation. As for now, all my silver has come from one bank. Of the three other banks i have picked up coin at, only one has performed yielding a single 1964 roosevelt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread