Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've tried going with latex gloves..two problems one: Your hands get hot and sweaty. two: they rip easily..I'd invest in some good soap, its the only way to Roll..

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say invest in some really good soap instead. Those gloves just get in the way & slow you down.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dawn dish liquid works best, I believe it is a commercial-type soap, real thick and tackles the dirt. I use the blue kind.

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I say invest in some really good soap instead. Those gloves just get in the way & slow you down.

When I have to reroll my halves the gloves actually help me open the roll. It gives me a rubbery fingertip to unroll the crimped end.

And to minimize the sweaty hands I use a cornstarch-based baby powder. My daughters are out of diapers now so they don't need it. Hehe

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
I've tried going with latex gloves..two problems one: Your hands get hot and sweaty. two: they rip easily..I'd invest in some good soap, its the only way to Roll..

You can get 5 mil or 7 mil nitrile gloves at Harbor Freight or possibly another hardware store, and the thicker ones don't rip as easily.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I hear some of our homies on T-net, have gotten rashes before on their hands from too much c/r/h/'n. I don't use gloves yet, but, i once had my hands completely blackened after going through $1500 in dimes.

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think if its tough enough for your stank dishes, its tough enough for your grubby coin stained hands!

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
MRSA, e-coli, drugs, simonella poisoning, too many risks not to wear gloves, I've found loose change beside toilet's before jus sayin. Ag kills most bacteria, and is no problem, but clad, I imagine would have residual traces after even weeks. Can any reccomend some good C/R/H/n gloves to ol'fiddy?

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
baddbluff said:
Ya, sure. Because 90% of Americans do cocaine. Better check your sources on that one.

I did. My wife worked at a bank. It doesn't mean 90% of Americans do. People who do drugs go through a lot of bills though.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also FYi. It doesn't mean that 90 % of bills were used to snort it. ATMs and money counters spread the trace amounts to other dollars. Look it up bid. And it's just a fun fact. We are talking about .006 milligrams on some bills. Not near enough to be toxic.

That's why you have to save up hundreds :)

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a fun fact. About 90% of dollar bills contain traces of cocaine on them.

I guess bill searching must be even more addicting than CRH.

Cocaine is circled:

Cashcoke.jpg

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
MRSA, e-coli, drugs, simonella poisoning, too many risks not to wear gloves, I've found loose change beside toilet's before jus sayin. Ag kills most bacteria, and is no problem, but clad, I imagine would have residual traces after even weeks. Can any reccomend some good C/R/H/n gloves to ol'fiddy?

I don't care about beside toilets, I pick those up. The problem is the ones in the toilets.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't care about beside toilets, I pick those up. The problem is the ones in the toilets.

in my neck of the woods, people are not exactly straight shooters when it comes to #1, and #2 kinds of business if you know what I'm sayin. I says it once and I says it again, can someone recommend to me a good pair of gloves for coin roll hunting?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
in my neck of the woods, people are not exactly straight shooters when it comes to #1, and #2 kinds of business if you know what I'm sayin. I says it once and I says it again, can someone recommend to me a good pair of gloves for coin roll hunting?

I find most of those at school, and there don't seem to be many drunks at school.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find most of those at school, and there don't seem to be many drunks at school.
I don't know if it is worth picking up a zincoln next to a toilet in a public school that hasn't been thoroughly cleaned since the toilet was installed several years ago :laughing9: just joking sag, a penny is 1/100 of $1, they add up!

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
you must live in a good neighborhood then. I'm surprised NOONE has suggested me any gloves yet.....

Here you go 50: http://www.harborfreight.com/5-mil-nitrile-gloves-powder-free-large100-pc-68497.html

The 5 mil gloves will still break on you, but I can go through an average of about 40 - 50 boxes of halves per pair. 100 come in a box. The 7 mil gloves would last longer but you would loose some tactile sensitivity, and only 50 come in a box while costing more $$.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread