First Time CRHer

BRW

Mar 27, 2013
First Time CRH'er

After a casual conversation with a bank teller last week about coins and him mentioning people find silver mixed in with regular dollars I found this forum. I've been studying up on Roll hunting and have grabbed a few rolls and lose half dollars in the past few days with no luck. Today I went all in and found a bank with MWR boxes of half dollars. I asked for a box and they asked how many! I bought one and feverishly searched it and found the following:

2009d
2005p
2003p
1980 10 peso coin.

Not sure whether to call this first box a skunk or not? What do the pros have to say.

I then cashed in my halfs at a different bank and got a box of dimes and nickels. Made it through the dimes and only found a 1966 Irish 3pence. Nickels will have to wait until tomorrow.

I'm a little discouraged about the lack of beginners luck with no silver found. I guess maybe I'll try another box of half dollars tomorrow after the nickels.

All rolls in all denominations were Loomis. Is there anyone who has luck with Loomis rolls?

Thanks for the advice.

BRW

Upvote 0

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't be discouraged! I went through 6 250 dollar boxes of dimes with no silver and 7th box I found 4! I also went to my local chase yesterday and asked for halves, no boxes to be found just 4 dollars loose. But I found a 1967 in the lot of only 8 coins! Keep looking and you'll find what you are looking for, it just depends on how much you want it and if its worth a few skunks to get that 1 silver you wanted.

Good luck!

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all about quantity- the more you search the more you'll find- avg for dimes is 1-2 a box- but ya you could go 3-4 skunk boxes then find multiple in 1 box.

OP
OP
B

BRW

Mar 27, 2013
Had better luck today. Finished 2 boxes of nickels nothing special. A 1 peso coin a plastic penny and 47 pre-1960 nickels, oldest was 1939. No silver.

Did another box of half dollars and found 4 nifc's plus a 1973 proof in poor condition.

Can anyone tell me more about the proof.

image-2138195352.jpg

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The proof has only 50 cents of value in that shape. Post a picture of the Irish coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread