Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi, I have over 100 rolls of wheat cents that I've accumulated from roll hunting, although over 1,200 are wheats that I've dug over the last four years. The dates range from 1909 to 1958, with the majority in the 1940s and '50s. I also have over 150 steel wheats. Just wondering what the going rate or values are, I may use the proceeds to buy silver.

Thanks for any info.

Upvote 0

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At my LCS I get one silver dime per two rolls of wheat cents. It's one of the ways I make up volume during the slow times.

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At my LCS I get one silver dime per two rolls of wheat cents. It's one of the ways I make up volume during the slow times.

Wow man, you pay $1 in wheats to get a junk dime? I'd rather keep my wheats them go at less than twice face. (I buy dimes all the time for $1.75-$2)

I've never sold wheats, but I thought the going price was about .04/each. Selling lots on eBay seems about right.

JSMITH

Feb 23, 2013
Idaho
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO,Garrett Ace 250,Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At my LCS I can get anywhere from 1.5 cents to 6 cents per wheatie if they are sorted by decade and mint. I have also sucessfully sold rolls on craigslist anywhere from $3 to $10 dollars.

SilverForBrains

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It all depends on the year, 40-58 .03 cents apiece, and then it goes up from there. I had 37 rolls of teens -30s on craigslist and my biggest offer was $87. I held onto 'em. I would have a garage sale and sell 'em for $2 apiece, I bet they would go quick

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow man, you pay $1 in wheats to get a junk dime? I'd rather keep my wheats them go at less than twice face. (I buy dimes all the time for $1.75-$2)

I've never sold wheats, but I thought the going price was about .04/each. Selling lots on eBay seems about right.

:-) Yep. Every time. Some wheaties from the 40s and 50s, or silver—I'm picking silver every time. Sorry, nothin' personal to those who prefer hunting and collecting cents. I just loves me some silver!!!

PhattyB

Apr 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with silver, I love silver hunting more than cents, just saying doubling your money on wheats is alot of work.. I think I'd rather recycle scrap metal, get a paper route or anything gotta be more money than looking thru a box of cents to make a quarter.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a little off topic...

What section of CL do you guys post/find posts on silver? I try collectibles, which is the only one besides maybe barter... and im not seeing any ads at all for any silver buyers or sellers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions