Peace [Dollar] In the North East! (and the rest of my teller tray score from today)

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter- Quick Silver (I know, I am a novice, give me a break! :P)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asked for "big dollar coins" and any "old coins and bills." The teller gave me these and knew they were silver!
OwzqJNPh.jpg

And got 16 dollars in big dollar coins, and one of them stood right out to me...
OCwlKrEh.jpg

4 walking liberty half dollars, 2 bens, 8 merc dimes, and 2 FDRs bought at $5 face. Always ask, and always be careful of how your phrase your questions with the tellers, this is the key. On a side note, I got skunked on a half box today. Happy hunting!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a lead on "big dollars" yesterday. Traveled and extra 20 or so miles, stood in line, and when i got to the register the girls knew exactly what i was after. They had sold all thirty five of them to a customer that morning. To my horror, she said "not all of them were ikes either, some of them had the girl with the crown"

A truly enlightened CRHer knows that being sniped by other CRHers or tellers is part of the game sometimes. Just keep calm, and carry on. There will be more good times ahead for you.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Super score there Weasel! I am still waiting to have a Peace Dollar handed over to me for face, I allways ask for the Big old dollars every where I go. HH, Maverick.

OP
OP
Weaselbrott

Weaselbrott

Aug 12, 2012
Eastern Seaboard
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super score there Weasel! I am still waiting to have a Peace Dollar handed over to me for face, I allways ask for the Big old dollars every where I go. HH, Maverick.

Thanks Mav, and here's to you finding your first real soon. I was not expecting the peace dollar when I saw him stacking the ikes up. I only saw the edge and assumed it was a 40% ike, but man... what a thrill! I love the crh game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions