First box of dimes

BenS

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, X-Terra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who knew...Clear wrappers? Should be easier right?

image-2354436829.jpg

Upvote 0

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Well if you get boxes from brinks expect plastic every time, but many other rolling companys use paper wrappers. I prefer plastic from brinks cause there easier to find the silver coins!

OP
OP
BenS

BenS

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So do you normally just deposit these back, or is it necessary to roll them back up?

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could possibly take them to a different bank, but not back to the same one, or else you wont do it for long at all... and also getting the same stuff back...

GL on the rolls, I tried a plastic wrapped box of dimes and quarters, no luck... but thats a small sample too

OP
OP
BenS

BenS

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I'm not sure how people do it..,no banks here in Boston area will deal with you if you don't have an account with them. Best I can do is hit the different branches of my bank. No silver in this box though.

Kilerclown25

Mar 27, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
My first 4 plastic rolled dimes where skunks but my 5th had 4 silvers in it. So don't get discouraged!

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your just in it for the silver... One would think that the clear plastic rolls would be a dream come true?

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first four were skunks and I was about to quit on them then I hit 5 Mercs and 2 Rosies in one box!

OP
OP
BenS

BenS

Feb 18, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My first four were skunks and I was about to quit on them then I hit 5 Mercs and 2 Rosies in one box!

Wow...I told myself I was done today. Might give it another go or two. Tellers are too rude here in the northeast, it seems not worth the hassle so far.

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that. Down here in the south most of them are pretty nice people. The rude ones are usually just lazy and don't want to do anything outside of the norm.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes the plastic makes the color look different, so it is easier to miss silver.

That's another reason I prefer the paper rolls- yes if the silver is clean its easy to spot but a dirty or yellowish silver is harder to spot in the plastic

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread