ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I'd search a few more nickels if I ever saw something like that staring back at me.

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! I search nickels and always look for enders. Never have had a War Nickel or anything as an ender. To have both of those is pretty darn cool. Let us know how the hunt goes.

Jamesabroad

Feb 23, 2013
West Virginia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, another thing. I get Strings & Sons Nickel boxes like yours. Have you noticed that some of the end coins are damaged with a circular scoring apparently from the rolling machine? I see this with a lot of the rolls and it would tick me off if it was a V nick ender that was damaged.

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, another thing. I get Strings & Sons Nickel boxes like yours. Have you noticed that some of the end coins are damaged with a circular scoring apparently from the rolling machine? I see this with a lot of the rolls and it would tick me off if it was a V nick ender that was damaged.

Yes, I've seen it plenty. Had a war nick ender with that damage this week. And to the OP, great score on the liberties. Never had one on the end yet.

CladSmoke

Nov 18, 2012
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Mine eyes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The odds of finding that have to be astronomical. I'd go buy a lotto ticket soon!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other

Machines damage many enders. I have an Estonian euro that is roller damaged. I got it from someone who ordered two BU rolls from the Estonian mint. I assume US mint products have roller damage too on the ends.

hokiemojo

Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
i'd guess the odds of two randomly dropped in coins would be astronomical, but if someone dumped 30-40 of em, it might not be so crazy. i hope it's a dream box!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread