I predict an influx of halves in the next few weeks nationwide...

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Had the day off Thursday, and did a mini road trip. Only found 3 40%'s in teller trays, but enough to pay for gas at least. The interesting thing was that many of the banks I went to (for the first time) said they had halves but had given them all out in the last day or so, and that lots of people had been asking for them Thursday.

Turns out that apparently a LOT of people put half dollars and gold dollars inside plastic eggs for Easter. My guess is that there's going to be a lot of halves turned back in over the next few weeks. Wouldn't surprise me at all if many of the egg-hiders are ignorant of silver.

Be on the lookout!

:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I sure hope you're right, I would love me some Easter Silver!
Had the day off Thursday, and did a mini road trip. Only found 3 40%'s in teller trays, but enough to pay for gas at least. The interesting thing was that many of the banks I went to (for the first time) said they had halves but had given them all out in the last day or so, and that lots of people had been asking for them Thursday.

Turns out that apparently a LOT of people put half dollars and gold dollars inside plastic eggs for Easter. My guess is that there's going to be a lot of halves turned back in over the next few weeks. Wouldn't surprise me at all if many of the egg-hiders are ignorant of silver.

Be on the lookout!

:thumbsup:

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a very good thought. My parents used to do that every year.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep- every teller I asked yesterday for halves asked if they were for egg hunts-

TimZim

Bronze Member
Aug 3, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it will get much better in 8 weeks?? Time will tell.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
"Turns out that apparently a LOT of people put half dollars and gold dollars inside plastic eggs for Easter."

I always got a rock.

Nydus Touch

Jan 9, 2013
Midwest
Primary Interest:
Other
Tellers have been telling the the samething on Saturday: all of their halves got picked up for Easter.

Joe777Cool

Bronze Member
Feb 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sparce hunting yesterday - had 2 tellers say all their halves were purchased for Easter Egg Hunts.

So my new reason for buying so many halves? 'I'm having a huge Easter Egg hunt next year and need to start stocking up now!" =)

usandthem

May 19, 2011
Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I put a Zincoln in one of those plastic eggs yesterday and gave it to my cat Bailey. He loves it! :cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread