Nickels?

BRW

Mar 27, 2013
Go read cladsmoke's log. As you will see, you find alot of interesting stuff in boxes of nickels. All of the pertinent info is in the beginner guide.
I search dimes and half dollars for silver, but enjoy hunting a box of nickels because you find a lot of low mintage keepers and a little silver and a buff or older on occasion.

OP
OP
P

PennyRoll

Mar 29, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
Go read cladsmoke's log. As you will see, you find alot of interesting stuff in boxes of nickels. All of the pertinent info is in the beginner guide.
I search dimes and half dollars for silver, but enjoy hunting a box of nickels because you find a lot of low mintage keepers and a little silver and a buff or older on occasion.
Well there's not much info. That it says to look for on the beginners guide which is why I asked.

BRW

Mar 27, 2013
Do you have an iPhone? If so I bought the coinbook pro app for a couple bucks. Helps me learn about all the US coins, plus calculate my silver.

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have an iPhone? If so I bought the coinbook pro app for a couple bucks. Helps me learn about all the US coins, plus calculate my silver.

Love that app-

OP
OP
P

PennyRoll

Mar 29, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not have an iPhone. I have an iPod and a kindle fire though, I'll see if I can get them on those. Thanks.

OP
OP
P

PennyRoll

Mar 29, 2013
Ohio
Primary Interest:
Other

No, I can't get it on either.

gmrestoparts

Mar 6, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
Other
They are kinda fun. I keep everything pre-1960. 1942-1945 are the silver ones, careful on the 1942s as not all are silver. Other than that, keep very nice 2009s. I started with cents myself, moved up to nickels/dimes and quarters (never had any luck with quarters) and now I do dimes and halves, although I have only found ONE proof and NO silver in over $20,000 in halves so far, but I am a glutten for punishment I guess...

RedAmos

Oct 25, 2012
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT PRO and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I keep hearing people say to keep at pre-1960 nickels. Other than the war nickels, why keep the pre-1960s? Can you sell them for more than $0.05?

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I keep hearing people say to keep at pre-1960 nickels. Other than the war nickels, why keep the pre-1960s? Can you sell them for more than $0.05?

Yes, eBayers and some LCS will buy them for over face.

mr.landpirate

Dec 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I like to collect so I keep them to fill my book and sell my extras by te roll. LP

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread